When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. Use commercial discs and nothing homemade or pirated as those are not likely to read.
- 1 Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
- 2 How do you fix a DVD that is not reading discs?
- 3 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 4 How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
- 5 How do I reset my LG DVD player?
- 6 How do I fix my Samsung DVD player that won’t open?
- 7 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Make sure that the disc has been inserted properly into the player. Make sure that the DVD player is connected properly to the TV . Check that the TV where the DVD player is connected to is set to the right input. … Make sure the DVD region code and format of the discs are compatible with the player.
How do you fix a DVD that is not reading discs?
HP PCs — CD/DVD Drive Cannot Read Discs (Windows 10, 8)
- Step 1: Confirm if the disc is causing the issue. …
- Step 2: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. …
- Step 3: Test the drive for a hardware failure. …
- Step 4: Check the drive status in Device Manager. …
- Step 5: Enable AutoPlay. …
- Step 6: Restore the PC to an earlier state.
How do you reset a DVD player?
Ensure no discs are playing in the DVD player. On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET .
How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
These simple steps will help you keep your DVD player looking and playing great:
- Gather a soft, lint-free cloth and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
- Pour about a half cup of the alcohol in a small bowl.
- Dip the cloth into the bowl, wring it out, and then gently wipe off the exterior of your DVD player.
How do I reset my LG DVD player?
Press the HOME button on the remote control and select Settings > OTHERS > Initialize, then press ENTER or WHEEL. 2. Choose the option you require and select Close when finished. Factory Set — You can reset the player to its original factory settings.
How do I fix my Samsung DVD player that won’t open?
Disc tray won’t open on Blu-ray or home theater system
- Press Stop. Press the Stop button on either the remote or the player itself.
- Turn the lock off. The Blu-ray player may be in LOCK ON mode, which would prevent the tray from opening. …
- Power cycle the player, and try again. …
- Reset the Blu-ray player.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
5 Ways to Repair a CD or DVD
- Clean the disc using a soft lint-free cloth and a dab of warm water and mild detergent. …
- Fill scratches with toothpaste. …
- Soften scratches with heat from a 60W lightbulb. …
- Fill the scratch with a wax-based product. …
- Cover holes in the data layer with pen and tape.
25 сент. 2019 г.