If you have an issue with the Start Menu, the first thing you can try to do is restart the “Windows Explorer” process in the Task Manager. To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then click the “Task Manager” button. … After that, try to open the Start Menu.
- 1 How do you enable the Start button in Windows 10?
- 2 Can’t click on Windows Start button?
- 3 What happened to my Start menu in Windows 10?
- 4 How do I restore the Start menu in Windows 10?
- 5 Why does my start button not work?
- 6 How do I fix a frozen Start menu in Windows 10?
- 7 How do I reinstall the Start menu?
- 8 Why Is Start menu and Cortana not working?
- 9 How do I fix critical error Start menu not working?
- 10 How do you fix Windows key on keyboard not working?
At the Personalization window, click the option for Start. In the right pane of the screen, you’ll see a setting that says «Use Start full screen» that’s currently turned off. Turn that setting on so the button turns blue and the setting says «On. Now click the Start button, and you should see the full Start screen.
Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on the keyboard at the same time, or right click the Taskbar, and select Task manager. When the Task manager window opens, click the More details option to expand it, then select Run new task from the File menu.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Locate Windows Explorer on the list. Right click Windows Explorer and choose Restart from the menu. Wait for a few moments for File Explorer to restart.
The Winaero website published two methods to reset or backup the start menu layout in Windows 10. Tap on the start menu button, type cmd, hold down Ctrl and Shift, and click on cmd.exe to load an elevated command prompt. Keep that Window open and exit the Explorer shell.
If the Start Menu is still giving you trouble, or other core Windows apps are crashing, then you can try to restore any missing or corrupt Windows system files. To do this, you’ll need to open the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator and run the System File Checker program.
Fix a frozen Windows 10 Start Menu by killing Explorer
First of all, open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time. If the User Account Control prompt appears, just click Yes.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Right click the taskbar and select Task manager to open Task manager as shown:
- Click File>Run new task in top left.
- Under the Window that opens,type in powershell. …
- In the new window that opens enter the following command carefully:
25 апр. 2016 г.
When your Start menu or Cortana functions are not working properly, you can try fixing the problem, using PowerShell. Simply follow the steps below: Launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard. Click File, then select Run New Task from the drop-down list.
How can I fix Start Menu not working error?
- Enter Safe Mode.
- Uninstall Dropbox / your antivirus software.
- Temporary hide Cortana from Taskbar.
- Switch to another administrator account and delete TileDataLayer directory.
- End Local Security Authority Process.
- Disable Internet Explorer.
10 апр. 2020 г.
How do you fix Windows key on keyboard not working?
- Check whether it is a hardware issue. Unfortunately, your keyboard is a fragile piece of hardware. …
- Check your Start menu. …
- Disable gaming mode. …
- Use the Win Lock key. …
- Disable the Filter Keys option. …
- Enable the Windows logo key via Windows Registry. …
- Restart your Windows/File Explorer. …
- Update your keyboard drivers.