Check the drive name in Device Manager, and then reinstall the drive in Device Manager to determine if Windows is able to recognize the drive. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category. If DVD/CD-ROM drives is not in the list, skip to Reset the computer power.
- 1 Why is my disc drive not reading discs?
- 2 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 3 How do I get a CD to play on my HP laptop?
- 4 How do I fix my CD drive not reading discs?
- 5 When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens?
- 6 How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
- 7 Does toothpaste really fix scratches?
- 8 How do you fix a badly scratched disc?
- 9 Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
- 10 Does my HP laptop have a CD drive?
- 11 Does Windows 10 have built in DVD player?
Why is my disc drive not reading discs?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
5 Ways to Repair a CD or DVD
- Clean the disc using a soft lint-free cloth and a dab of warm water and mild detergent. …
- Fill scratches with toothpaste. …
- Soften scratches with heat from a 60W lightbulb. …
- Fill the scratch with a wax-based product. …
- Cover holes in the data layer with pen and tape.
25 сент. 2019 г.
How do I get a CD to play on my HP laptop?
To play a CD or DVD
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How do I fix my CD drive not reading discs?
Confirm the drive is listed in Device Manager, and then reinstall the device to resolve any error states.
- Remove any disc from the drive.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category. …
- Right-click the drive name, and then select Uninstall device or Uninstall.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
PS4 disc troubleshooting
- Clean the disc with a soft clean cloth to remove any dirt or prints.
- Try inserting another game, Blu-Ray disc, or DVD. The PS4™ console does not play burned discs or audio CDs.
Does toothpaste really fix scratches?
Yes, toothpaste can be used to remove scratches. … Just grab a soft cloth and a smear of toothpaste, and you can erase scratches without much work involved. When toothpaste is gently rubbed onto a slick and smooth surface, it sticks together and softly sands scratches away.
How do you fix a badly scratched disc?
How to Fix a Scratched DVD
- Clean the disc with a mild soap and warm water. This will remove any oils and finger marks.
- Dry the disc with a lint-free cloth.
- Squeeze toothpaste on the disc.
- Rub the toothpaste on the disc in a straight motion (not in a circular motion) from the center to the outer edges.
- Wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.
29 июн. 2011 г.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
Does my HP laptop have a CD drive?
Some HP computers, such as HP Mini notebook computers, do not have CD/DVD drives. If you want to install software from a disc onto a computer that does not have a CD/DVD drive, use one of the methods described in this document.
Does Windows 10 have built in DVD player?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A. … If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.