To fix this, right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and choose Sounds to enter the audio preferences. Under the Playback tab, find the device you want to use—if you don’t see it, try right-clicking and checking Show Disabled Devices—then select the output device and click the Set Default button.
- 1 Why is there suddenly no sound on my laptop?
- 2 How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
- 3 How can I restore the sound on my computer?
- 4 How do I activate the sound on my computer?
- 5 Why is my sound not working?
- 6 How do I reinstall Realtek HD Audio?
- 7 How do I get sound on my laptop?
- 8 How do I restore my laptop speakers?
- 9 How do I fix my zoom sound?
- 10 What do I do if the sound on my laptop is not working?
- 11 Why can’t I hear any sound on my computer?
Why is there suddenly no sound on my laptop?
If updating the audio driver didn’t help, uninstall it and restart your PC to reinstall the driver. To do this, go to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers and right-click your audio device or sound card. … Click Delete the driver software for this device box, and select Uninstall. Reboot your laptop.
How do I get the sound back on my laptop Windows 10?
How to Fix Broken Audio on Windows 10
- Check your cables and volume. …
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default. …
- Restart your PC after an update. …
- Try a System Restore. …
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter. …
- Update your audio driver. …
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
11 сент. 2020 г.
How can I restore the sound on my computer?
Use the driver recovery process to restore audio drivers for the original sound hardware using the following steps:
- Click Start , All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then click Recovery Manager again.
- Click Hardware Driver Reinstallation.
- On the Hardware Driver Reinstallation welcome screen, click Next.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How to Turn Sound on the Computer for Windows
- Click the «Speaker» icon in the lower-right notification area of the taskbar. The Sound Mixer launches.
- Click the «Speaker» button on the Sound Mixer if the sound is muted. …
- Move the slider up to increase the volume and down to decrease the sound.
Why is my sound not working?
Make sure your headphones aren’t plugged in. Most Android phones automatically disable the external speaker when headphones are plugged in. This could also be the case if your headphones aren’t completely seated in the audio jack. … Tap Restart to reboot your phone.
How do I reinstall Realtek HD Audio?
Open Device Manager. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers. Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu. Assuming that you have the latest driver setup file on your computer, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
How do I get sound on my laptop?
In Control Panel, there are settings for default playback devices that you might need to adjust.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound.
- Right-click the default playback device and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Clear the check boxes in the Exclusive Mode section. Then click OK.
How do I restore my laptop speakers?
Right-click the volume icon on your computer screen, and select «Adjust Audio Properties.» Click «Advanced» from the Speaker Settings box at the bottom of the pop-up screen. Then choose «Laptop Speakers.» Click «Apply,» then close the box. Sound should now be restored.
How do I fix my zoom sound?
Troubleshooting Microphone Issues
- Ensure the microphone is not on mute. …
- Ensure you have connected your mobile device’s audio. …
- Try using earphones with a microphone.
- Ensure Zoom has access to your device’s microphone. …
- Ensure that no other applications are using the microphone at the same time. …
- Restart your iOS device.
What do I do if the sound on my laptop is not working?
What to Do if Your Laptop Has No Sound
- Check Your Volume. …
- Try Some Headphones. …
- Change Your Audio Device. …
- Disable Audio Enhancements. …
- Install or Update Your Drivers. …
- Update Your BIOS. …
- Repair the Speakers. …
- What to Do if Your Laptop Is Plugged In But Not Charging.
Why can’t I hear any sound on my computer?
Open the system menu and make sure that the sound is not muted or turned down. Some laptops have mute switches or keys on their keyboards — try pressing that key to see if it unmutes the sound. … Click on Sound to open the panel. Under Volume Levels, check that your application is not muted.