No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. … You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.
- 1 Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
- 2 How do you fix my DVD player it says no disc?
- 3 How do you fix a disc that won’t play?
- 4 How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
- 5 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 6 Is there a way to clean a DVD player?
- 7 Do DVD players wear out?
- 8 How long should a DVD player last?
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Make sure that the disc has been inserted properly into the player. Make sure that the DVD player is connected properly to the TV . Check that the TV where the DVD player is connected to is set to the right input. … Make sure the DVD region code and format of the discs are compatible with the player.
How do you fix my DVD player it says no disc?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press «Play» to see if cleaning the disc fixes the «NO DISC» error.
How do you fix a disc that won’t play?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth. …
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste. …
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half. …
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method: …
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
13 июл. 2015 г.
How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
These simple steps will help you keep your DVD player looking and playing great:
- Gather a soft, lint-free cloth and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
- Pour about a half cup of the alcohol in a small bowl.
- Dip the cloth into the bowl, wring it out, and then gently wipe off the exterior of your DVD player.
How do you reset a DVD player?
Ensure no discs are playing in the DVD player. On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET .
Is there a way to clean a DVD player?
CD and DVD players have a laser lens that needs to be cleaned periodically. To maintain your DVD player, occasionally unscrew the player’s case, so you can get at the lens to clean it. You need a screwdriver, canned air or a soft brush, a foam swab or camera-lens cleaner, and lens cleaning fluid from a camera store.
Do DVD players wear out?
In short, no. Optical media like CDs and DVDs does not wear out from repeated use. It can degrade or become damaged, however. CDs and DVDs can degrade over time because their recording layers are made with a dye that is extremely photosensitive; it deteriorates when exposed to UV rays over time.
How long should a DVD player last?
The trick is to keep it cool and it could last indefinitely. I bought a Pioneer DVL-700 (DVD/Laser Disc combo) in September of 1997 and it is still going strong. Average life span of a dvd is between 3-5 years, as the average life span of a cd player is around 8 years.