When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. Use commercial discs and nothing homemade or pirated as those are not likely to read.
- 1 How do you fix DVD player that won’t read disc?
- 2 Why does my DVD player keep saying no disc?
- 3 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 4 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 5 Why won’t my DVD player connect to TV?
- 6 How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
- 7 Is it worth buying a DVD player?
- 8 How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
- 9 How can I fix my scratched DVD?
- 10 How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
- 11 What do you do when your DVD player doesn’t work?
- 12 How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
- 13 How do I reset my LG DVD player?
How do you fix DVD player that won’t read disc?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press «Play» to see if cleaning the disc fixes the «NO DISC» error.
Why does my DVD player keep saying no disc?
No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. … You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth. …
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste. …
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half. …
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method: …
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
13 июл. 2015 г.
How do you reset a DVD player?
Ensure no discs are playing in the DVD player. On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET .
Why won’t my DVD player connect to TV?
There might be a problem with either the input, or the cable itself. Try a different HDMI cable. If this does not work, then it might be your TV or DVD player. Another option is to use a digital optic cable or a red and white cable.
How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
These simple steps will help you keep your DVD player looking and playing great:
- Gather a soft, lint-free cloth and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
- Pour about a half cup of the alcohol in a small bowl.
- Dip the cloth into the bowl, wring it out, and then gently wipe off the exterior of your DVD player.
Is it worth buying a DVD player?
An average DVD player sells for around $50 and Blu-ray players for about $80. So, if you’re on the market for one of these, we suggest buying one used. We also recommend skipping the DVD player altogether and buying a Blu-ray player as they’re fully capable of playing regular DVDs.
How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
PS4 disc troubleshooting
- Clean the disc with a soft clean cloth to remove any dirt or prints.
- Try inserting another game, Blu-Ray disc, or DVD. The PS4™ console does not play burned discs or audio CDs.
How can I fix my scratched DVD?
How to Fix a Scratched DVD
- Clean the disc with a mild soap and warm water. This will remove any oils and finger marks.
- Dry the disc with a lint-free cloth.
- Squeeze toothpaste on the disc.
- Rub the toothpaste on the disc in a straight motion (not in a circular motion) from the center to the outer edges.
- Wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.
29 июн. 2011 г.
How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
Simply take a cotton ball and dip it in some alcohol to clean the area near the scratch. Then apply Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly to the disc. The Vaseline will fill in the scratch, hopefully making it readable again.
What do you do when your DVD player doesn’t work?
In that instance, all you can do is acquire a new disc.
- Clean the Disc. Dampen a soft cloth or paper towel. …
- Test the Disc and Machine. Play the disc in a different machine. …
- Troubleshoot DVD & TV Connections. Unplug the cables connecting the DVD player to the television. …
- Last Resorts. Buy a DVD laser lens cleaner disc.
How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
Try the DVD player troubleshooting tips below.
- Fix 1. Check if the optical disc drive is dirty or broken. …
- Fix 2. Check if the DVD disc is damaged. …
- Fix 3. Check if the cables are connected correctly. …
- Fix 4. Check if the DVD is region-coded. …
- Fix 5. Check if the TV settings are correct.
5 февр. 2021 г.
How do I reset my LG DVD player?
Press the HOME button on the remote control and select Settings > OTHERS > Initialize, then press ENTER or WHEEL. 2. Choose the option you require and select Close when finished. Factory Set — You can reset the player to its original factory settings.