Go to Settings >Sounds>Text Tones>Choose an alert tone you can hear well and like. Turn vibrate off. Check Settings >Notifications >messages>make sure «Allow Notifications» is toggled on. If there is still no alert sound, try a hard reset.
- 1 Why can’t I hear my text messages?
- 2 How do I get the sound back on my messages?
- 3 How can I listen to text messages?
- 4 Why are some text messages silent?
- 5 How do you get your messages to pop up on Android?
- 6 Why is my Fitbit not alerting me of texts?
- 7 Why won’t my Iphone make a sound when I get a text?
- 8 How do I turn on text message alerts?
- 9 How do I turn on text notifications?
- 10 How do I know if text message was received?
- 11 Why is my phone reading my messages out loud?
- 12 Is there an app that reads text?
Why can’t I hear my text messages?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I get the sound back on my messages?
These instructions are for the default Android Messaging app.
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How can I listen to text messages?
How to Set Up Android to Read Your Texts Aloud
- On some devices, you can also hold down the home button for a few seconds to access the Assistant. …
- In the “Notification Access” menu that appears, tap the toggle next to “Google.”
- Advertisement. …
- Head back to Google Assistant or say, “OK/Hey, Google,” again, and then repeat the, “Read my text messages,” instruction.
7 окт. 2019 г.
Why are some text messages silent?
Your phone may not be on «Do Not Disturb,» but that conversation is — it’s a separate setting from your phone’s «Do Not Disturb» setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
How do you get your messages to pop up on Android?
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Recently Sent,” tap an app.
- Tap a type of notification.
- Choose your options: Choose Alerting or Silent. To see a banner for alerting notifications when your phone is unlocked, turn on Pop on screen.
Why is my Fitbit not alerting me of texts?
Android users, check these settings.
Make sure the Fitbit app runs in the background by going to Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app and turn off Background restrictions or Background limits. Also check: Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications > Notifications on lock screen and set to Show conversations.
Why won’t my Iphone make a sound when I get a text?
Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and verify that Show on Lock Screen is toggled on. For sound alerts, also check that Settings > Notifications > Messages > Sounds has an alert type selected and does not display None or Vibrate Only unless that’s the setting you want.
How do I turn on text message alerts?
Change default notification settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More options. Settings. To stop message notifications from other apps, tap Notifications. Turn off All Default settings notifications. To get notifications on your phone from Messages for web, tap Notifications. Turn on All “Messages for web” notifications.
How do I turn on text notifications?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
How do I know if text message was received?
Now when you send a text message you can tap and hold the message and select “View message details“. On some models, it may be under “View report“. The statuses will show “Received“, “Delivered“, or may simply show the time of delivery.
Why is my phone reading my messages out loud?
In the meantime, try going to Settings > Accessibility > Screen Reader > Voice Assistant > Off, or look for a text-to-speech option, and switch it off. Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Model number SM-G950W and Android Version is 9 both those options are already off.
Is there an app that reads text?
The KNFB Reader is a print to speech application that runs on iOS or Android mobile device. The app enables the camera to take pictures of printed material, rapidly convert the images into text, and read the text aloud using high quality text-to-speech, TTS.