- 1 Why is extend volume not available?
- 2 How do I activate extend volume?
- 3 Why is Extend Volume disabled Windows 10?
- 4 Can’t extend C drive unallocated space?
- 5 How do I fix volume extending C drive?
- 6 Why extend volume grayed out and how do you quickly fix it?
- 7 How do I extend my drive?
- 8 Can you extend C drive?
- 9 Can extend C drive because of recovery partition?
- 10 How do I get rid of recovery volume?
- 11 What is shrink volume?
- 12 How do I move an unallocated partition?
- 13 How do I extend unallocated space?
- 14 How do I add unallocated volume to C drive?
- 15 How do I convert free space to unallocated space?
Why is extend volume not available?
Why Is Extend Volume Grayed Out
You’ll find why is the Extend Volume option greyed out on your computer: There is no unallocated space on your hard drive. There is no contiguous unallocated space or free space behind the partition you want to extend. Windows can’t extend is a FAT or other format partition.
How do I activate extend volume?
After Computer Management opens, go to Storage > Disk Management. Select and hold (or right-click) the volume that you want to extend, and then select Extend Volume. If Extend Volume is grayed out, check the following: Disk Management or Computer Management was opened with administrator permissions.
Why is Extend Volume disabled Windows 10?
As here is no unallocated space after the C partition drive, so extend volume greyed out. You need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the PartitionVolume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted or available.
Can’t extend C drive unallocated space?
Step 1: Download NIUBI Partition Editor, right click D: drive and select «Resize/Move Volume», drag the middle towards right in the pop-up window. Then Unallocated space is moved next to C drive. Step 2: Right click C: drive and select «Resize/Move Volume» again, drag right border towards right in the pop-up window.
How do I fix volume extending C drive?
Simply say, if you want to extend C drive, you must make sure that the unallocated space is behind the C drive. In other words, if there is no unallocated space or the unallocated space is not contiguous to the C drive, the extend volume will show grayed out and stops working.
Why extend volume grayed out and how do you quickly fix it?
If you need to extend the volume, you will need to delete the partition on the right side, i.e., behind the partition you want to extend and create unallocated space. If it is your Data Drive that you want to extend, then there is a workaround. Then delete the D volume. …
How do I extend my drive?
To make any or all of that happen, follow these steps:
- Open the Disk Management console window. …
- Right-click the volume you want to extend. …
- Choose the command Extend Volume. …
- Click the Next button. …
- Choose the chunks of unallocated space to add to the existing drive. …
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
Can you extend C drive?
To expand system partition (C: driver) size
Before expanding C drive size, need to confirm there is unallocated space next to C drive. Right click on C drive then select “Extend volume”, then follow the onscreen instruction to finish the process.
Can extend C drive because of recovery partition?
Primary Partition blocked by Recovery Partition
Blocked because you can only extend your existing partition with unallocated space directly to the right of the partition you want to extend. In our case there is a recovery partition in between and therefor the primary partition (C:) cannot be extended.
How do I get rid of recovery volume?
If you want to remove the recovery partition from your PC and free up disk space, tap or click Delete the recovery partition. Then tap or click Delete. This will free up the disk space used to store your recovery image. When the removal is done, tap or click Finish.
What is shrink volume?
Shrinks the volume with focus to create unallocated space. No data loss occurs. If the partition includes unmovable files (such as the page file or the shadow copy storage area), the volume will shrink to the point where the unmovable files are located.
How do I move an unallocated partition?
How to Move Unallocated Space to the Left/Right Side
- Right-click the partition that next to the unallocated space, select «Resize/Move.»
- Put the mouse on the partition and drag it to the left or right to move the unallocated space.
12 окт. 2020 г.
How do I extend unallocated space?
Just open the Disk Management, right-click the partition which you want to extend, and then select the «Extend Volume» in the drop-menu. Unfortunately, you may find that the Extend Volume grayed out and you can’t extend volume to unallocated space as expected.
How do I add unallocated volume to C drive?
First, you need to open Disk Management by pressing Windows + X and enter the interface. Then Disk Management has appeared, right-click the C drive, and choose the Extend Volume to extend the C drive with the unallocated space.
How do I convert free space to unallocated space?
It is very easy.
- First right-click on “This PC” or “ My Computer” on your Windows. …
- After opening the Disk Management you will see the disk space and disk partitions of you PC.
- Right-click on the disk of which you want to increase size and select extend volume.
- Now this will only work if your PC has unallocated space.