In the Services list, find Windows Audio, right-click on it, and go to Properties. Make sure to change the Startup Type to Automatic. Click on the Stop button, and once it has stopped, Start it again. Restart your computer, and check if you will be able to access the volume icon on the taskbar.
- 1 Why can’t I open my volume control?
- 2 Why isn’t my volume button working on my computer?
- 3 How do I fix missing volume icon?
- 4 How do I enable the volume icon on my Taskbar Windows 10?
- 5 How do I activate the volume icon?
- 6 Why is my volume not working?
- 7 How do I get my volume buttons to work on my laptop?
- 8 Why is my volume icon not showing up on iPhone?
- 9 How do I get my volume icon back on Windows 10?
- 10 Where is my speaker icon?
- 11 How do I add sound icon to taskbar?
- 12 How do I restore the sound on my HP laptop?
- 13 How do I show hidden icons on my taskbar?
Why can’t I open my volume control?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager. In the Processes tab, locate the SndVol.exe process. … Close the Task Manager. Right-click on the Speaker icon in the notification area and click on Open Volume Mixer, and see if the Volume Mixer actually shows up this time.
Installing new sound drivers will quickly fix the volume button if it’s not working. To solve the volume control that is not working on Windows 10, try resetting the Audio Service. Some users also recommended running an SFC scan to get rid of the volume issue.
How do I fix missing volume icon?
Method 4 — Restart Explorer / explorer.exe
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start the Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab and locate explorer.exe file and right-click on it. …
- Press Windows Key + R and enter Explorer. …
- Windows Explorer will restart and the volume icon should reappear on the taskbar.
How do I enable the volume icon on my Taskbar Windows 10?
From the WinX Menu, open Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. Here click on the Turn system icon on or off link. The Turn System Icons On or Off panel will open, where you can set icons you want to display on the Notification area. Just toggle the slider for Volume to the On position and Exit.
How do I activate the volume icon?
First, make sure the volume icon behavior is set to Show icon and notifications. Then, towards the bottom of the screen, go ahead and click on Turn system icons on or off. Make sure the volume icon is set to On. That’s it!
Why is my volume not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: … Move the Media slider to the right to increase volume.
However, to use them, you have to press and hold the Fn key on the keyboard and then the key for the action that you want to be performed. On the laptop keyboard below, to turn the volume up, you have to press the Fn + F8 keys simultaneously. To lower the volume, you have to press the Fn + F7 keys simultaneously.
Why is my volume icon not showing up on iPhone?
If your speakers are working, and the only problem you have is that the volume bar is gone, you might just need to clean your dock connector. … Sometimes this can cause the iPhone to act as if it is docked to an external speaker, canceling the volume controls on the device.
How do I get my volume icon back on Windows 10?
1. Press Windows key, go to Settings > System > Notification & actions > Turn system icon on or off. 2. Now you can set icons you want to display on the Notification area, just click on/off and Exit.
Where is my speaker icon?
How do I find the external speaker on my Android phone?
- Samsung: the speaker is typically located at the bottom of the phone to the right of where you plug in your charger.
- HTC: this manufacturer typically designs the speaker into the front of the phone on the top and/or bottom.
5 нояб. 2018 г.
How do I add sound icon to taskbar?
How To Add A Volume Icon To Your Taskbar
- Click on the Start button and then Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel double-click on the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
- Under Device Volume put a checkmark next to the checkbox labeled Place volume icon in the taskbar.
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
24 янв. 2006 г.
How do I restore the sound on my HP laptop?
HP PCs — No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10, 8)
- Step 1: Restart the computer. …
- Step 2: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant. …
- Step 3: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows. …
- Step 4: Test external speakers or headphones. …
- Step 5: Update the audio driver.
Press the Windows key , type «taskbar settings», then press Enter . Or, right-click the taskbar, and choose Taskbar settings. In the window that appears, scroll down to the Notification area section. From here, you can choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar or Turn system icons on or off.