Your phone may not be on «Do Not Disturb,» but that conversation is — it’s a separate setting from your phone’s «Do Not Disturb» setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
- 1 Why do some texts not make a sound?
- 2 Why does my iPhone not alert me on some text messages?
- 3 How do I get my texts off silent mode?
- 4 How do I get sound back on my text messages?
- 5 Why doesn’t my phone notify me when I get a text?
- 6 Why is my iPhone 11 not making a sound when I get a text?
- 7 Why doesn’t my iPhone vibrate when I get a text?
- 8 How do I make my iPhone make a sound when I get a text?
- 9 What is the half moon next to a text message?
- 10 How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- 11 What does muted text mean?
Why do some texts not make a sound?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Why does my iPhone not alert me on some text messages?
Your “iPhone not alerting me of texts” issue may be caused by which there sets no sound for the notifications. To fix it, you should go to Settings > Messages > Sound and select the preferred notification sound. Besides, check if you have turned on “Allow Notifications” and the three options below “Alerts”.
How do I get my texts off silent mode?
If you’d rather not get an alert sound each time a text message comes in, you can turn it off by tapping on the Settings app, then tapping on Sounds, then tapping on Text Tone and it displays the sounds you can choose as your alert (by default, it’s set to Tri-tone).
How do I get sound back on my text messages?
From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app. From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“. Select “Notifications“. Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
Why doesn’t my phone notify me when I get a text?
Text Message Notification Settings — Android™
Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings. If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’. Enabled when a checkmark is present or switch is in the ON position. If disabled, notifications won’t appear in the status bar.
Why is my iPhone 11 not making a sound when I get a text?
Here’s how to perform these steps: Settings > Notifications > Messages > Sounds > temporarily select a different alert tone. Restart your iPhone. Then, go back to Settings > Notifications > Messages > Sounds > select your preferred alert tone.
Why doesn’t my iPhone vibrate when I get a text?
To help with this, please go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and toggle the «Vibrate on Ring» setting from Off to On. Next go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Vibration and toggle the setting from Off to On.
How do I make my iPhone make a sound when I get a text?
Set the alert sound for messages
- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics (on supported models) or Sounds (other models).
- Tap Text Tone, then do one of the following: Tap Vibration, then choose an option. Tap a sound below Alert Tones. Tap Tone Store to download an alert sound from the iTunes Store.
What is the half moon next to a text message?
It should be noted that you might also see the half-moon icon in your Messages app. This means that alerts are muted for that specific conversation. To re-enable notifications, swipe left on the conversation and tap «Show Alerts.» The conversation will then be unmuted.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
What does muted text mean?
Mute is a feature which allows you to silence (or turn off notifications) a conversation that’s not relevant right at this moment. You can choose to mute conversations for an hour, until the next day, week, until all messages are read or until you unmute the conversation.