Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press «Play» to see if cleaning the disc fixes the «NO DISC» error.
- 1 Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
- 2 How do you fix a DVD that is not reading?
- 3 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 4 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 5 Why is my computer not reading my discs?
- 6 How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
- 7 How can I get my DVD player to play without a remote?
- 8 How do I reset my LG DVD player?
- 9 How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
- 10 Does toothpaste really fix scratches?
- 11 How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Make sure that the disc has been inserted properly into the player. Make sure that the DVD player is connected properly to the TV . Check that the TV where the DVD player is connected to is set to the right input. … Make sure the DVD region code and format of the discs are compatible with the player.
How do you fix a DVD that is not reading?
HP PCs — CD/DVD Drive Cannot Read Discs (Windows 10, 8)
- Step 1: Confirm if the disc is causing the issue. …
- Step 2: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. …
- Step 3: Test the drive for a hardware failure. …
- Step 4: Check the drive status in Device Manager. …
- Step 5: Enable AutoPlay. …
- Step 6: Restore the PC to an earlier state.
How do you reset a DVD player?
Ensure no discs are playing in the DVD player. On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET .
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
5 Ways to Repair a CD or DVD
- Clean the disc using a soft lint-free cloth and a dab of warm water and mild detergent. …
- Fill scratches with toothpaste. …
- Soften scratches with heat from a 60W lightbulb. …
- Fill the scratch with a wax-based product. …
- Cover holes in the data layer with pen and tape.
25 сент. 2019 г.
Why is my computer not reading my discs?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
How to Troubleshoot a DVD Player
- Check audio connections to make sure they’re secure.
- Replace the cable connecting the DVD unit to your receiver.
- Clean the contacts on the player and receiver with electronics-grade contact cleaner.
- Make sure DVD is clean and unscratched.
How can I get my DVD player to play without a remote?
If you can’t find your DVD player or Blu-ray player remote control, or it has stopped working, don’t despair. You can often still play media using buttons on the device itself. You can also use a universal remote or, with some models, a smart phone app to control the player.
How do I reset my LG DVD player?
Press the HOME button on the remote control and select Settings > OTHERS > Initialize, then press ENTER or WHEEL. 2. Choose the option you require and select Close when finished. Factory Set — You can reset the player to its original factory settings.
How do I fix my PS4 not reading discs?
PS4 disc troubleshooting
- Clean the disc with a soft clean cloth to remove any dirt or prints.
- Try inserting another game, Blu-Ray disc, or DVD. The PS4™ console does not play burned discs or audio CDs.
Does toothpaste really fix scratches?
Yes, toothpaste can be used to remove scratches. … Just grab a soft cloth and a smear of toothpaste, and you can erase scratches without much work involved. When toothpaste is gently rubbed onto a slick and smooth surface, it sticks together and softly sands scratches away.
How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
Simply take a cotton ball and dip it in some alcohol to clean the area near the scratch. Then apply Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly to the disc. The Vaseline will fill in the scratch, hopefully making it readable again.