There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
- 1 What is wrong with my WiFi connection?
- 2 How do I fix my WiFi connection?
- 3 Why is my WiFi suddenly not working?
- 4 How do you reset your WiFi?
- 5 Why does my phone say no Internet connection when I have WiFi?
- 6 What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no Internet access?
- 7 How do I test my WiFi signal?
- 8 Can’t connect to home WiFi?
- 9 What happens when you reset your router?
- 10 How do I get my router back online?
- 11 How do I refresh my router?
What is wrong with my WiFi connection?
Reset your router
Resetting your router (or cable box or modem or any other device that brings the internet into your home) should clear away any temporary connection faults and bugs, forcing the device to reconnect to the web from scratch with a clean slate.
How do I fix my WiFi connection?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .
Why is my WiFi suddenly not working?
Reboot your modem and router.
The way to fix this is to unplug both your modem and your router (you may have one piece of equipment that acts as both) and wait a full 60 seconds. Then plug them both in again and wait for all the lights to stop flashing. At that point, try to reconnect to the Internet again.
How do you reset your WiFi?
To reboot your modem and your WiFi router:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and remove any batteries.
- Unplug the power cord from the WiFi router.
- Wait at least one minute, then reinsert any batteries and reconnect power to the modem.
- Wait at least two minutes to allow the modem to power up.
Why does my phone say no Internet connection when I have WiFi?
The first rule of IT-related fix is turning it off and on again, it fixes about 50 percent problems. So, if your phone is not connecting to the internet even if the phone is connected to the Wifi router. Go to the settings and turn the Wifi toggle off and on again and see if it fixes your issue.
What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no Internet access?
Ways to fix ‘WiFi connected but no Internet’ issues
- Check your router/modem. …
- Check Router Lights. …
- Restart your Router. …
- Troubleshooting from your Computer. …
- Flush DNS Cache From Your Computer. …
- Proxy Server Settings. …
- Change the wireless mode on your Router. …
- Update outdated Network drivers.
14 апр. 2019 г.
How do I test my WiFi signal?
Use a Smartphone or Tablet
Look under a Settings, Wi-Fi, or Network menu. For example, in the settings on a Google Pixel running Android 10, select Network & internet, then select the Wi-Fi you’re using, then select the gear icon next to the network you’re connected to. There you can see the signal strength.
Can’t connect to home WiFi?
Sometimes connection issues arise because your computer’s network adapter might not be enabled. On a Windows computer, check your network adapter by selecting it on the Network Connections Control Panel. Make sure the Wireless connection option is enabled.
What happens when you reset your router?
When and how to reset your modem. A reset restores your modem to its factory default settings. It will also erase any customized settings you may have changed, including static IP address setup, DNS, personalized password, WiFi settings, routing and DHCP settings.
How do I get my router back online?
Unable to Access Internet — Top Five Steps To Get Back Online Now
- Call your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The first step is to rule out any area-wide problems with your ISP. If all is well, proceed to step two to check your infrastructure.
- Reboot your network bridge. Find your cable/DSL modem or T-1 router and power it down. …
- Ping your router. Try to ping your router’s IP address.
How do I refresh my router?
For some people the easiest way to reboot the router is to unplug the power supply, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in again. Alternatively, there may be an on/off switch on the back of the router, in which case you can use that to turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.