- 1 What is the meaning of line?
- 2 Whats your line meaning?
- 3 What does line by line mean?
- 4 What does line mean in writing?
- 5 What are the 7 types of lines?
- 6 What is the example of a line?
- 7 What does line mean in art?
- 8 What is your line of work meaning?
- 9 What does lying mean?
- 10 What is Lines and its types?
- 11 What is line used for?
- 12 What is another word for in line with?
- 13 What are the types of lines?
- 14 What is the line between words called?
- 15 How is a line made?
What is the meaning of line?
a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point. something arranged along a line, especially a straight line; a row or series: a line of trees. a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something; queue.
Whats your line meaning?
@milyy10 it can mean «What is your job?», » What line of work are you in?».
What does line by line mean?
1. by-line — a line giving the name of the writer of a story or article. credit line. author’s name, writer’s name — the name that appears on the by-line to identify the author of a work.
What does line mean in writing?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. A line is a unit of language into which a poem or play is divided. The use of a line operates on principles which are distinct from and not necessarily coincident with grammatical structures, such as the sentence or single clauses in sentences.
What are the 7 types of lines?
Vertical lines: are straight up and down and perpendicular to horizontal lines; Horizontal lines: are straight up and down and perpendicular to vertical lines; Diagonal lines: are lines that straight in any direction except vertical or horizontal; Zigzag lines: are a series of diagonal lines joined end to end; Curved …
What is the example of a line?
The definition of a line is a mark connecting two points, something stretched between two things, or two or more people standing in a row. An example of a line is a horizontal mark drawn on a piece of paper. An example of a line is caution tape marking off the scene of an accident. An example of a line is fishing wire.
What does line mean in art?
Line is an element of art defined by a point moving in space. It is probably the most fundamental of the elements of design as it is usually the starting place for much of artistic creation. Lines can be vertical, horizontal, diagonal, or curved. They can be any width or texture.
What is your line of work meaning?
1. line of work — the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; «he’s not in my line of business» job, occupation, business, line. activity — any specific behavior; «they avoided all recreational activity»
What does lying mean?
A lie is an untruthful assertion. The speaker intends to cause belief in the truth of a statement that the speaker believes to be false. Hence, a lie involves an intention to deceive. The speaker also implicitly assures or promises the hearer that the statement that is made is true.
What is Lines and its types?
A line is a one-dimensional figure, which has length but no width. A line is made of a set of points which is extended in opposite directions infinitely. … In geometry, there are different types of lines such as horizontal and vertical lines, parallel and perpendicular lines.
What is line used for?
LINE is the fastest growing mobile messenger app in the world, bringing users closer to their friends and loved ones. Enjoy free messages, voice calls, and video calls anytime, anywhere. LINE is available on smartphones, including iPhones and Android devices, and also PCs and Macs.
What is another word for in line with?
What is another word for in line with?
|pursuant to||conforming to|
|in congruence with||in fulfilment of|
|in assent with||in consonance with|
|in harmony with||in obedience to|
What are the types of lines?
Types of Lines
- Vertical lines: are straight up and down and perpendicular to horizontal lines.
- Horizontal lines: are straight up and down and perpendicular to vertical lines.
- Diagonal lines: are lines that straight in any direction except vertical or horizontal.
What is the line between words called?
A dash is a horizontal line that shows a pause or break in meaning, or that represents missing words or letters. Note that dashes are rather informal and should be used carefully in writing. Dashes are often used informally instead of commas, colons and brackets.
How is a line made?
A line is the path of one point moving. … A line is a type of geometric figure. A line is made up of an endless number of points.