The term «monitor» is often used synonymously with «computer screen» or «display.» The monitor displays the computer’s user interface and open programs, allowing the user to interact with the computer, typically using the keyboard and mouse.
- 1 Why is monitor important?
- 2 What is the main function of the monitor?
- 3 What is the use of monitor?
- 4 What monitor means?
- 5 What are the features of monitor?
- 6 Why do we do monitoring and evaluation?
- 7 What are the 3 types of monitor?
- 8 What is the function of RAM?
- 9 What are the two uses of monitor?
- 10 What is the most commonly used monitor?
- 11 What is the most common type of monitor?
- 12 What is the example of monitor?
- 13 What is the other name of a monitor?
Why is monitor important?
Monitoring allows a System Administrator to ensure the security of a company’s data. … Monitoring a computer system is just as important as the system itself. Monitoring allows for proactive response, data security and data gathering and the overall good health of a computer system.
What is the main function of the monitor?
The function of the monitor is to facilitate communication between the user and the computer. The mouse and keyboard provide for user input. The monitor provides a means of the computer communicating with the user (output.)
What is the use of monitor?
A monitor is an electronic output device that is also known as a video display terminal (VDT) or a video display unit (VDU). It is used to display images, text, video, and graphics information generated by a connected computer via a computer’s video card.
What monitor means?
A monitor is a device or a person who watches or checks to see that all is going well. … Monitor can be used as a noun or a verb, both of which are concerned with watching over someone or something. A heart monitor displays the rhythm of your heart.
What are the features of monitor?
How Computer Monitors Work
- Native Resolution. Unlike CRT monitors, LCD monitors display information well at only the resolution they are designed for, which is known as the native resolution. …
- Viewing Angle. …
- Brightness or Luminance. …
- Contrast Ratio. …
- Response Rate. …
Why do we do monitoring and evaluation?
Monitoring and evaluation helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. … Monitoring and evaluation together provide the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement programmes and projects, and to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways.
What are the 3 types of monitor?
Types of computer monitors
- CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors. These monitors employ CRT technology, which was used most commonly in the manufacturing of television screens. …
- LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors. The LCD monitor incorporates one of the most advanced technologies available today. …
- LED (light-emitting diodes) monitors.
4 сент. 2014 г.
What is the function of RAM?
Computer memory or random access memory (RAM) is your system’s short-term data storage; it stores the information your computer is actively using so that it can be accessed quickly. The more programs your system is running, the more memory you’ll need.
What are the two uses of monitor?
Definition of: monitor (1) A display screen used to provide visual output from a computer, cable box, video camera, VCR or other video generating device. Computer monitors use CRT and LCD technology, while TV monitors use CRT, LCD and plasma technologies.
What is the most commonly used monitor?
LED Monitors- These kind of monitors are the most popular and famous in todays time. The full form of LED is Light Emitting Diode. They are cheaper, less power consuming, efficient monitors than the LCD and CRT MONITORS.
What is the most common type of monitor?
Explanation: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) units, which are most common kind, are used in mobile, laptops, computers due to its advantages like energy efficiency, thinness, lightness, brightness, flatness and had replaced cathode ray tubes which are heavy and huge in size.
What is the example of monitor?
The definition of a monitor is someone who watches others and reminds them of proper conduct. An example of monitor is a proctor at a standardized test. An articulated device holding a rotating nozzle with which a jet of water is regulated, used in mining and firefighting.
What is the other name of a monitor?
What is another word for monitor?
|computer display||computer screen|
|cathode ray tube||VDT|