|Extension||Name of file format|
|.doc||Word 97-2003 Document|
|.docm||Word Macro-Enabled Document|
|.docx||Strict Open XML Document|
- 1 What is the file extension for a document?
- 2 What are the most common file extensions?
- 3 What is file extension and examples?
- 4 How do I open a file extension?
- 5 What are the examples of file extension?
- 6 What are the 3 types of files?
- 7 What is the extension name of MS Word?
- 8 What are the types of files?
- 9 What extensions are used for audio files?
- 10 What are the four common types of files?
- 11 How do I open a file without an extension?
- 12 Can a file have no extension?
- 13 What program opens HTML files?
What is the file extension for a document?
. DOC and . DOCX are the standard file format of Microsoft Word documents. DOCX files are XML-based DOC files. In newer versions of Word, files are saved as the DOCX format by default.
What are the most common file extensions?
Executable file extensions
- .apk — Android package file.
- .bat — Batch file.
- .bin — Binary file.
- .cgi or .pl — Perl script file.
- .com — MS-DOS command file.
- .exe — Executable file.
- .gadget — Windows gadget.
- .jar — Java Archive file.
31 авг. 2020 г.
What is file extension and examples?
A file extension (or simply «extension») is the suffix at the end of a filename that indicates what type of file it is. For example, in the filename «myreport. txt,» the . TXT is the file extension. It indicates the file is a text document.
How do I open a file extension?
A quick Google indicates that a . FILE file is an unknown extension that has it appended to it by Windows — if you think its a . doc then change the file extension and try it out. Make sure you have extensions enabled, click the file, and hit F2 to change the filename and extension.
What are the examples of file extension?
Examples of file extensions
- A JPEG uses the . jpg or . jpeg extension (for example, image. …
- A Word document uses the . docx extension, or . doc for older versions (for example, CoverLetter. …
- An MP3 audio file uses the . mp3 extension (for example, rhyme_rap. mp3).
- An Excel spreadsheet uses the . xlsx extension, or .
What are the 3 types of files?
Stores data (text, binary, and executable).
What is the extension name of MS Word?
Those students and faculty using Microsoft (MS) Office and/or Word 2007 should save their files with a “. doc” extension instead of the MS Office 2007 default “. docx” extension.
What are the types of files?
6 Different Types of Files and How to Use Them
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) …
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics) …
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) …
- PDF (Portable Document Format) …
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) …
- MP4 (Moving Picture Experts Group)
26 июл. 2018 г.
What extensions are used for audio files?
Here are seven popular audio file types and some unique differences between them.
- M4A audio file type. The M4A is an mpeg-4 audio file. …
- FLAC. The FLAC audio file is Free Lossless Audio Codec. …
- MP3. The MP3 audio file is an MPEG audio layer 3 file format. …
- MP4. …
- WAV. …
- WMA. …
30 апр. 2020 г.
What are the four common types of files?
The four common types of files are document, worksheet, database and presentation files. Connectivity is the capability of microcomputer to share information with other computers.
How do I open a file without an extension?
To open the file you can double-click on it and choose the application to open it. That can be cumbersome. A better method is to save the file to a temporary folder and rename the file to add a file extension. Then try opening the file with that extension.
Can a file have no extension?
There is no extension. … You don’t have to have a file extension in Unix or Windows. Windows won’t know what to do with the file if you double-click it, but the program that made it probably does.
What program opens HTML files?
Any web browser, like Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc., will open and properly display HTM and HTML files. In other words, opening one of these files in a browser will «decode» what the HTM or HTML file is describing and display the content correctly.