They are the same thing. In Place Archive was previously known as Personal Archive or Online Archive. Once you enable In Place Archiving, you can use Outlook to move or import messages to the archive mailbox.
- 1 What does in place Archive mean?
- 2 What is the difference between online archive and archive in Outlook?
- 3 What is the purpose of the archive folder in Outlook?
- 4 What is an archive mailbox?
- 5 How do I use in place archive?
- 6 How does in place archive work?
- 7 How long do emails stay in archive?
- 8 Do archived emails get deleted?
- 9 Does archiving emails save space?
- 10 What is the point of archiving emails?
- 11 How do I access archived emails?
- 12 What happens to archived emails in Outlook?
- 13 How do I automatically move emails from inbox to online archive?
- 14 Where does Apple Mail archive go?
- 15 How do I move emails from online archive to inbox?
What does in place Archive mean?
Archiving in Microsoft 365 (also called In-Place Archiving) provides users with additional mailbox storage space. … This means that users won’t run out of mailbox storage space and you won’t have to manage anything after you initially enable the archive mailbox and turn on auto-expanding archiving for your organization.
What is the difference between online archive and archive in Outlook?
Archive is a separate folder in your mailbox. Online Archive is a special feature for some Office 365 enterprise plans. AutoArchive moves messages to a separate Outlook data file (PST). A long-standing Outlook feature but effectively replaced in Outlook 2016 by Archive.
What is the purpose of the archive folder in Outlook?
Think of the Archive like a file folder. You can store items in the Archive folder and still access them easily. You can also delete messages or move them to specific folders, if that’s more your style.
What is an archive mailbox?
Archive mailbox. … An archive mailbox is a specialized mailbox that appears alongside the users’ primary mailbox folders in Outlook or Outlook on the web. Users can access the archive in the same way that they access their primary mailboxes.
How do I use in place archive?
Enable an archive mailbox
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select a mailbox.
- In the details pane, under In-Place Archive, click Enable. …
- On the Create In-Place Archive page, click OK to have Exchange automatically select a mailbox database for the archive or click Browse to specify one.
30 июн. 2020 г.
How does in place archive work?
In-Place Archiving in Exchange Server helps you regain control of your organization’s messaging data by eliminating the need for personal store (. pst) files and allowing users to store messages in an archive mailbox. The archive mailbox is an additional mailbox that’s enabled for a user’s primary mailbox.
How long do emails stay in archive?
How long do emails stay in the archive?
|Industry||Regulation/Regulatory Body||Retention Period|
|All||Internal Revenue Service (IRS)||7 years|
|All (Government + Education)||Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)||3 years|
|All public companies||Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)||7 years|
Do archived emails get deleted?
The Archive action removes the message from view in the inbox and puts it in the All Mail area, in case you ever need it again. … The Delete action moves the selected message to the Trash area, where it stays for 30 days before it is permanently deleted.
Does archiving emails save space?
2 Answers. Yes, messages that are archived count towards your storage quota. Even messages in the trash and spam are counted. The only difference is that messages in the spam and trash will probably be permanently deleted within 30 days, which automatically frees up space in your account.
What is the point of archiving emails?
The point of archiving is to give you a central location to store mails that you no longer need direct access to. It also ensures your inbox is kept clean and attachments and other files are kept safe.
How do I access archived emails?
To see archived emails on your Android device —> open your Gmail app —> click on the hamburger icon on top left, and then click on All Mail label. Here you will see all archived emails as shown in the screenshot below.
What happens to archived emails in Outlook?
Archiving will move emails off of the network mail server to your local computer, where you will still be able to access them through Outlook. Archiving regularly helps free space on Webster’s email servers. … After the archive runs, the emails will be removed from your Inbox and subfolders.
How do I automatically move emails from inbox to online archive?
Archive older items automatically
- Click File > Options > Advanced.
- Under AutoArchive, click AutoArchive Settings.
- Click the Run AutoArchive every n days box and specify how often to run AutoArchive.
- Choose any other options you want, such as having Outlook delete old items instead of archiving them.
Where does Apple Mail archive go?
With iOS, ‘Mail’ can archive Gmail messages on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Archiving messages allows you to store messages you’re done with but don’t want to delete. When you archive a Gmail message, it moves to the ‘All Mail’ folder. ‘Mail’ doesn’t delete the message from your Gmail account.
How do I move emails from online archive to inbox?
Moving Archive Folder to Inbox
- Open MS Outlook and click the File tab.
- From the side menu, select Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- In the import/export wizard, select Import from another program file and click Next.
- From Import a file wizard, select Outlook Data File, and click Next.