Six of the most important quality characteristics are maintainability, correctness, reusability, reliability, portability, and efficiency. Maintainability is «the ease with which changes can be made to satisfy new requirements or to correct deficiencies» [Balci 1997].
- 1 What is program write the characteristics of program?
- 2 What is the characteristics of program which makes it easier?
- 3 What defines program?
- 4 What are the characteristic of a good algorithm?
- 5 What is program and its types?
- 6 What are the characteristics of a good computer?
- 7 What is the type of error called when the program runs?
- 8 What is an efficient or good program?
- 9 How does a program work?
- 10 What is programming in simple words?
- 11 What are programs used for?
- 12 What are the four characteristics of algorithms?
- 13 What are the 5 properties of algorithm?
- 14 What is algorithm and its characteristics?
What is program write the characteristics of program?
In computing, a program is a specific set of ordered operations for a computer to perform. In the modern computer that John von Neumann outlined in 1945, the program contains a one-at-a-time sequence of instructions that the computer follows.
What is the characteristics of program which makes it easier?
Answer. Extensibility of a program makes it easier to add more features to the program in the future. Scalability means that if a program works on a small scale, it can even work on large scales.
What defines program?
A program (noun) is executable software that runs on a computer. It is similar to a script, but is often much larger in size and does not require a scripting engine to run. Instead, a program consists of compiled code that can run directly from the computer’s operating system.
What are the characteristic of a good algorithm?
The characteristics of a good algorithm are:
- Precision – the steps are precisely stated(defined).
- Uniqueness – results of each step are uniquely definedand only depend on the input and the result of the precedingsteps.
- Finiteness – the algorithm stops after a finite number ofinstructions are executed.
- Input – the algorithm receives input.
What is program and its types?
There are two categories of programs. Application programs (usually called just «applications») are programs that people use to get their work done. Computers exist because people want to run these programs. Systems programs keep all the hardware and software running together smoothly.
What are the characteristics of a good computer?
Characteristics of Computer System
- Speed. A computer works with much higher speed and accuracy compared to humans while performing mathematical calculations. …
- Accuracy. Computers perform calculations with 100% accuracy. …
- Diligence. A computer can perform millions of tasks or calculations with the same consistency and accuracy. …
- Versatility. …
- Reliability. …
What is the type of error called when the program runs?
Runetime errors are those errors that apear unexpectedly while the program is running. The program or the compiler doesn’t know about them until they happen.
What is an efficient or good program?
Efficient programming is programming in a manner that, when the program is executed, uses a low amount of overall resources pertaining to computer hardware. A program is designed by a human being, and different human beings may use different algorithms, or sequences of codes, to perform particular tasks.
How does a program work?
A computer program is a collection of instructions that can be executed by a computer to perform a specific task. A computer program is usually written by a computer programmer in a programming language. … Alternatively, a computer program may be executed with the aid of an interpreter.
What is programming in simple words?
Computer programming is the process of telling a computer to do certain things by giving it instructions. These instructions are called programs. A person who writes instructions is a computer programmer. The instructions come in different languages; they are called programming languages.
What are programs used for?
What is the purpose of a program? Without application software (programs), your computer would be able to operate with the operating system (system software), but would not be capable of doing anything else. A program gives the computer and user the ability to perform specific tasks.
What are the four characteristics of algorithms?
Algorithm and its characteristics
- Finiteness. An algorithm must always terminate after a finite number of steps.
- Definiteness. Each step of an algorithm must be precisely defined; the actions to be carried out must be rigorously and unambiguously specified for each case.
- Input. …
- Output. …
What are the 5 properties of algorithm?
An algorithm must have five properties:
- Input specified.
- Output specified.
What is algorithm and its characteristics?
Characteristics of an Algorithm
Each of its steps (or phases), and their inputs/outputs should be clear and must lead to only one meaning. Input − An algorithm should have 0 or more well-defined inputs. Output − An algorithm should have 1 or more well-defined outputs, and should match the desired output.