- 1 What is the 9 icon on my taskbar?
- 2 What is displayed on the system tray?
- 3 How do I see all system tray icons?
- 4 How do I reset my system tray icons?
- 5 Where is the taskbar icon?
- 6 What are the icons on the right side of the taskbar?
- 7 How do I add icons to my system tray?
- 8 What is another name of system tray?
- 9 How do I enable system tray?
- 10 How do I add programs to my system tray Windows 10?
- 11 How do I fix missing icons in the taskbar and Start menu?
- 12 Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
- 13 How do I get the Dropbox icon on my system tray?
What is the 9 icon on my taskbar?
The Icon that you are referring to is actually a application «Quick set» that works for the shortcuts of the keyboard. You can disable it by using msconfig, and turning off the Dell Quickset in the startup tab. However, if you turn it off you can’t use quickset.
What is displayed on the system tray?
The notification area (also called the «system tray») is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.
How do I see all system tray icons?
To always show all tray icons in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization — Taskbar.
- On the right, click on the link «Select which icons appear on the taskbar» under Notification area.
- On the next page, enable the option «Always show all icons in the notification area».
How do I reset my system tray icons?
Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Start Task Manager. Select the Processes tab, choose explorer.exe, and click End Process. Choose the Applications tab, click New Task, enter explorer.exe in the text box, and press Enter. Your icons should reappear.
Where is the taskbar icon?
The default settings for the taskbar in Microsoft Windows place it at the bottom of the screen and includes from left to right the Start menu button, Quick Launch bar, taskbar buttons, and notification area.
What are the icons on the right side of the taskbar?
The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar. It contains some icons you might find yourself clicking or pressing pretty often: battery, Wi-Fi, volume, Clock and Calendar, and action center.
How do I add icons to my system tray?
This takes you straight to the Settings > Personalization > Taskbar screen. Scroll down to the “Notification Area” section and click the “Select which icons appear on the taskbar” link. Use the list here to customize which icons appear on the taskbar.
What is another name of system tray?
Answer. The notification area is commonly referred to as the system tray, which Microsoft states is wrong, although the term is sometimes used in Microsoft documentation, articles, software descriptions, and even applications from Microsoft such as Bing Desktop.
How do I enable system tray?
Windows 10 — System Tray
- Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
- Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. …
- Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.
How do I add programs to my system tray Windows 10?
These options have moved in Windows 10. Previously, you could click the “Customize” button at the bottom of the system tray popup. In Windows 10, you have to right-click on the Taskbar, choose Properties, and then click the Customize button. From here, click “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.
I have solved the icon issue by:
- Starting the Task Manager.
- Ending the explorer.exe process (Right click on explorer.exe -> End process)
- Opening a command line window (File -> New Task (Run…) -> …
- In the cmd window type cd %userprofile%appdatalocal.
- Now you need to delete the iconcache.db file del iconcache.db /a.
16 авг. 2012 г.
Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
1. Click on Start, select Settings or press Windows logo key + I and navigate to System > Notifications & actions. 2. Click on option Select which icons appear on the taskbar and Turn system icons on or off, then customize your system notifications icons.
How do I get the Dropbox icon on my system tray?
The system tray appears at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t see the Dropbox icon, it could be automatically hidden by Windows. Click on the small white arrow to show all system tray icons. Click the Dropbox icon to access the Dropbox desktop application menu.