Synaptics Pointing Device Driver is a program developed by Synaptics. The most used version is 19.4. 3.38, with over 6% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins.
- 1 Can I remove Synaptics TouchPad driver?
- 2 What happens if I uninstall Synaptics TouchPad?
- 3 What is Synaptics TouchPad driver and do I need it?
- 4 Is Synaptics a virus?
- 5 How do you get rid of Synaptics?
- 6 Can’t uninstall Synaptics touchpad Windows 10?
- 7 Do I have a Synaptics TouchPad?
- 8 Why is Synaptics on my computer?
- 9 Do I need Synaptics?
- 10 How do I use Synaptics touchpad?
- 11 Where is the Synaptics driver?
- 12 How do I reinstall Synaptics touchpad?
- 13 Is SynTPEnh exe a virus?
- 14 What is new folder virus?
- 15 What is Synaptics TouchPad enhancements?
Can I remove Synaptics TouchPad driver?
Click start, then click control panel. Make sure «Change or Remove Programs» is selected. Select Synaptics TouchPad Driver, and click Remove. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.
What happens if I uninstall Synaptics TouchPad?
If you remove it from your device list, you will lose your trackpad. Even if, like me, you hardly use it, there will be those few times when you’ll scream because it’s non-usable.
What is Synaptics TouchPad driver and do I need it?
The Synaptics TouchPad driver is responsible for running and operating the TouchPad on a notebook. By default, the Synaptics driver is preinstalled with compatible operating systems; however, if you’re unable to use the TouchPad, you can reinstall the driver quickly and get back to using your notebook.
Is Synaptics a virus?
Is Synaptics a virus? … Rick’s answer: Glenda, the Synaptics software you see running via Autoruns isn’t any form of malware. It’s actually the software that controls your laptop’s touch-pad.
How do you get rid of Synaptics?
How to Uninstall a Synaptics Pointing Device
- Go to «Start» and type the command «devmgmt. …
- Type in the administrator password or click the «Continue» button.
- Double-click «Mice and other pointing devices» on the list to expand it.
- Right-click on «Synaptics Pointing Device» and choose «Uninstall» from the list of options.
Can’t uninstall Synaptics touchpad Windows 10?
Follow these steps.
- Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
- In the list of devices, you should see the display driver.
- Right click on the device driver and then select «Uninstall».
- In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system.
7 сент. 2015 г.
Do I have a Synaptics TouchPad?
You can check from the Device Manager. To open it, right-click the Start menu and select the “Device Manager” command. Expand the “Mice and other pointing options” category. Check to see whether you have a “Synaptics” or “ELAN” input device.
Why is Synaptics on my computer?
The synaptics pointing device driver is the default driver for the trackpads on most laptops models. In short, this is the software that allows you to use the touchpad to move the mouse cursor around.
Do I need Synaptics?
Basically, you only need it for your associated device, if it will not work properly without it, or if you need those extra features, like using the bottom and side of the TouchPad for scrolling.
How do I use Synaptics touchpad?
How Do I Turn on a Synaptics Touchpad?
- Connect an external pointing device such as a USB mouse to your computer if you are unable to control the mouse pointer at all. …
- Double-click the «Mice and other pointing devices» category in the device manager to expand it. …
- Install the driver for your Synaptics touchpad if needed.
Where is the Synaptics driver?
Open Device Manager. Scroll down and expand Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics Touchpad. Right-click on Synaptics Touchpad and select Properties. Select the Driver tab.
How do I reinstall Synaptics touchpad?
- Log on to the computer as a user with Computer Administrator access.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- Select the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
- Double-click Mice and Other Pointing Devices.
- Double-click a displayed pointing device.
Is SynTPEnh exe a virus?
SynTPEnh.exe is a legitimate file. This process is known as Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements and it belongs to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. … The malware programmers or cyber criminals write different types of malicious programs and name it as SynTPEnh.exe to damage the software and hardware.
What is new folder virus?
The Newfolder.exe Virus is one of the more dangerous viruses that hides files in USB files and disables things like Task Manager, Regedit, and Folder Options.
What is Synaptics TouchPad enhancements?
SynTPEnh.exe implements a set of additional configuration options and enhancements for Synaptics touchpads, such as defining button functions and changing sensitivity. Synaptics touchpads are found on millions of laptop computers. Also SynTPLpr.exe, which provides more basic functionality for Synaptics touchpads.