Application Error 0xc0000142 is caused by a malfunction or a corruption with the program you’re trying to use. … The most typical reason why the Application Error 0xc0000142 appears is down to corrupt or damaged files which the various applications you need use.
- 1 What does 0xc0000142 mean?
- 2 When you try to start an Office 2016 app such as Excel 2016 or Word 2016 it fails and you get error code 0xc0000142?
- 3 How do I fix Excel application error?
- 4 How do I fix Outlook app errors?
- 5 How do I fix error code 0xc0000142?
- 6 How do I fix error 0xc0000142?
- 7 How do I run a repair on Office 365?
- 8 What to do if Office is updating?
- 9 How do I fix Microsoft Office errors?
- 10 How do I fix app errors?
- 11 How do I fix error oxc00007b?
- 12 How do I fix the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005?
- 13 How do I uninstall and reinstall Outlook?
- 14 How do I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office?
- 15 How do I open Outlook in safe mode?
What does 0xc0000142 mean?
Error code 0xc0000142 is an error code which affects Windows 10 users. It often occurs when users attempt to run Windows applications. … Inability to completely run Windows applications. Appearance of error code 0xc0000142 message box.
When you try to start an Office 2016 app such as Excel 2016 or Word 2016 it fails and you get error code 0xc0000142?
When you try to start an Office 2016 app, such as Excel 2016 or Word 2016, it fails and you get error code 0xC0000142. This issue is fixed in Monthly Channel Version 1803 (Build 9126.2116) or greater. To get the latest update immediately, open any Office app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
How do I fix Excel application error?
excel.exe — Access denied
- The antivirus software may have blocked access to the excel.exe file. Check your antivirus software’s log and quarantine.
- You don’t have the permissions to run the excel.exe. Change the permissions of the file.
- The excel.exe file may have been damaged. Reinstall the application.
How do I fix Outlook app errors?
How To Fix OUTLOOK.exe error: (0xc0000142)
- Perform the troubleshooting steps on the Repair an Office application article. If Outlook still does not work..
- Install the latest Office updates.
- Uninstall and reinstal the office package.. in my case Office 365. It was relatively easy to uninstall the program, reboot the pc and then reinstall.
How do I fix error code 0xc0000142?
Steps to run the application in compatibility mode:
- Right click on the application giving you this error (Code 0xc0000142).
- Navigate to its properties.
- Click on the compatibility tab.
- Choose the compatibility mode according to your system.
- Click Apply and then Ok.
9 мар. 2018 г.
How do I fix error 0xc0000142?
Run the application in compatibility mode and always start the application as administrator.
- Right click on file (giving application error 0xc0000142).
- Click on Properties and then click Compatibility tab. …
- Click on “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” if the games work save the settings if not continue.
17 февр. 2021 г.
How do I run a repair on Office 365?
Double-click Programs and Features. Click MicrosoftOffice 365, and then click Change. Select Quick Repair, and then click Repair. You may have to restart your computer after the repair process is complete.
What to do if Office is updating?
Newer versions of Office
- Open any Office app, such as Word, and create a new document.
- Go to File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook).
- Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now. …
- Close the «You’re up to date!»
How do I fix Microsoft Office errors?
- Right-click the Start button. …
- Select the Microsoft Office product you want to repair, and select Modify. …
- Depending if your copy of Office is Click-to-run or MSI-based install, you’ll see the following options to proceed with the repair. …
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
How do I fix app errors?
How to Fix Application Unable to Start Correctly Error (0xc000007b)
- Method 1. Restart your computer. The first thing to try is restarting Windows. …
- Method 2. Update . …
- Method 3. Enable Administrator rights. …
- Method 4. Reinstall the app or game. …
- Method 5. Update Windows. …
- Method 6. Run ChkDsk. …
- Method 7. Reinstall DirectX.
21 авг. 2019 г.
How do I fix error oxc00007b?
You can try the methods below and see if they can help you get rid of this error.
- 1) Reboot your computer.
- 2) Run your application as administrator.
- 3) Reinstall your application.
- 4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)
- 5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
- 6) Update your Windows.
19 мар. 2020 г.
How do I fix the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005?
How do I fix App was unable to start correctly errors?
- Remove Malware with Anti-Malware Software. …
- Delete SPAM. …
- Activate Windows Firewall. …
- Update Windows OS. …
- Use Windows Recovery. …
- Remove Bad Random Access Memory(RAM)
8 апр. 2020 г.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Outlook?
uninstall and reinstall outlook 2016
- Right-click the Start button, and select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
- From Category view, under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the Microsoft Office and select the Change button.
- Select Online Repair > Repair to repair Office.
26 сент. 2017 г.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office?
Option 1 — Uninstall Office from the Control Panel
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click the Office application you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
How do I open Outlook in safe mode?
Right-click the Start button, and click Run. 2. Type Outlook.exe /safe, and click OK. Tip: If Windows can’t find Outlook.exe /safe, try using the full path to Outlook (for example C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeXX, where XX is your version number).