Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) is a tool for managing worker processes that contain applications that host Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services. Worker processes handle requests that are sent to a Web Server for specific application pools.
- 1 Do I need Windows Process Activation Service?
- 2 Can I disable Windows Process Activation Service?
- 3 What is the Windows Process Activation Service meant for while using IIS?
- 4 Where is Windows Process Activation Service?
- 5 What does HTTP Activation do?
- 6 How do I start a service?
- 7 What services can be turned off in Windows 10?
- 8 How do I stop unwanted services in Windows 10?
- 9 How do I get rid of unnecessary processes in Windows 10?
- 10 What is Windows Communications Foundation HTTP Activation?
- 11 What is a 5011 event ID?
- 12 Was service is not available?
- 13 How do I activate windows10?
- 14 What is Windows Activation Server?
- 15 How do I enable HTTP Activation?
Do I need Windows Process Activation Service?
Windows Process Activation Service
The feature is aimed at developers, and usually not required by most Windwos users. Recommendation: Unless you are a developer who requires the feature, turn it off.
Can I disable Windows Process Activation Service?
Disable it. Windows Process Activation Service. This widely misunderstood service is not related to Product Activation but is rather a foundational service for message-based applications and components. It is aimed at developers, and is disabled by default.
What is the Windows Process Activation Service meant for while using IIS?
The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) of IIS 7 is the key component that provides process model and configuration features to Web Applications and Web Services. … A worker process for the Application Pool request queue is spawned by WAS and the worker process executes the code necessary to send a response.
Where is Windows Process Activation Service?
Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager. In the left navigation pane, right-click Features, and then click Add Features. On the Select Features pane, scroll down to Windows Process Activation Service.
What does HTTP Activation do?
Windows Activation Service allows the developers to choose the most appropriate protocol for their needs. For HTTP, data transfer relies on the ASP.NET HTTP. For protocols such as TCP and Named Pipes, Windows Activation Service leverages the extensibility points of ASP.NET for transferring data.
How do I start a service?
- Open IIS Manager.
- Select your IIS Server, then Configuration Editor.
- Select the section system. …
- Change the value of dynamicRegistrationThreshold to a value greater than 100.
- Start Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) service,
- Start WWW, World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- BOOM! sites up and running.
6 февр. 2018 г.
What services can be turned off in Windows 10?
What Services to Disable in Windows 10 for Performance & Better Gaming
- Windows Defender & Firewall.
- Windows Mobile Hotspot Service.
- Bluetooth Support Service.
- Print Spooler.
- Remote Desktop Configuration and Remote Desktop Services.
- Windows Insider Service.
- Secondary Logon.
How do I stop unwanted services in Windows 10?
To turn off services in windows, type: «services. msc» into the search field. Then double-click on the services you want to stop or disable.
How do I get rid of unnecessary processes in Windows 10?
The built-in Disk Cleanup tool in Windows actually does a decent job of removing unnecessary files.
Remove stuff you don’t use!
- Right-click the Start button.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select the unwanted software and click “Uninstall/Change”
19 авг. 2015 г.
What is Windows Communications Foundation HTTP Activation?
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is a framework for building service-oriented applications. Using WCF, you can send data as asynchronous messages from one service endpoint to another. A service endpoint can be part of a continuously available service hosted by IIS, or it can be a service hosted in an application.
What is a 5011 event ID?
Event ID — 5011
The data field contains the error number. According to Microsoft : Cause : This event is logged when a process serving application pool suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service.
Was service is not available?
ERROR ( message:The WAS service is not available – try starting the service first.) To resolve this, all you have to do is open your Command prompt with administrative privilege. Then the command will run as it suppose to and return a list of running worker processes.
How do I activate windows10?
To activate Windows 10, you need a digital license or a product key. If you’re ready to activate, select Open Activation in Settings. Click Change product key to enter a Windows 10 product key. If Windows 10 was previously activated on your device, your copy of Windows 10 should be activated automatically.
What is Windows Activation Server?
The KMS activation server allows to activate corporate versions of Windows OSs and Microsoft Office products within the enterprise network.
How do I enable HTTP Activation?
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Turn Windows features on or off.
- Click Next until the Select Features window appears.
- Expand . NET Framework 4.5 Features.
- Expand WCF Services.
- Select HTTP Activation and click Install.
- Follow the prompts and finish the installation.
12 сент. 2014 г.