What is TOSHIBA Function Key? The TOSHIBA Function Key Utility is a program designed to provide userswith a means of enabling support for the ‘Fn’ key on various laptop models. The Fn key is used to provide features including Display Switch, LCD Brightness or Instant Security.
- 1 What do the function keys do on a Toshiba laptop?
- 2 What is the purpose of the function Fn key?
- 3 Can I disable Toshiba function key main module?
- 4 What does the F12 function key do?
- 5 How do I use F keys without Toshiba?
- 6 How do I use F keys without pressing Fn?
- 7 How do I reverse the Fn key?
- 8 How do I turn off Fn key?
- 9 How do you unlock the Fn key?
- 10 How can I enable Fn key on Toshiba laptop?
- 11 Can I remove Toshiba Flash Cards?
- 12 How do I enable function keys on my Toshiba laptop Windows 10?
- 13 What is the function of F8 key?
- 14 What is Alt F4?
- 15 What does the F12 key do in Windows 10?
What do the function keys do on a Toshiba laptop?
Labeled as «Fn,» these keys allow you to activate a range of features on your laptop.
- Press «Fn-Esc» to mute or unmute your computer’s speakers.
- Press «Fn-F1» to lock your laptop. …
- Press «Fn-F2» to display all power saving options available for your laptop. …
- Press «Fn-F3» to activate the Instant Standby mode.
What is the purpose of the function Fn key?
Simply put, the Fn key used with the F keys across the top of the keyboard, provides short cuts to performing actions, such as controlling the brightness of the screen, turning Bluetooth on/off, turning WI-Fi on/off.
Can I disable Toshiba function key main module?
Make sure you navigate to the Startup tab in Task Manager either way. Locate the Toshiba Function Key Main Module entry under the list of programs being launched at startup and click the Disable button located in the bottom right corner.
What does the F12 function key do?
F12, the final function key, is used mostly in Microsoft Office. If you want to save your document, workbook, or slideshow with a different name or to a different location, tap F12 to bring up the Save As dialog. Ctrl+F12 will start the Open File dialog.
How do I use F keys without Toshiba?
Click the «Keyboard» tab. If Special Function Mode and Standard F1-F12 Mode choices are presented, select Select Standard F1-F12 Mode. If the Special Function Mode and Select Standard F1-F12 Mode choices do not appear, your particular Toshiba laptop does not need this adjustment.
How do I use F keys without pressing Fn?
Once you find it, press the Fn Key + Function Lock key simultaneously to enable or disable the standard F1, F2, … F12 keys. Voila! You can now use the functions keys without pressing the Fn key.
How do I reverse the Fn key?
Revert / Invert Fn key using the keyboard
To revert the Fn keys to their default usage press Fn + ESC key. If you accidentally inverted the Fn keys, you just press Fn + ESC key, then they will back to normal. So you can toggle invert them that way. If this fails you might need to change them in the BIOS settings.
How do I turn off Fn key?
The laptop must have advanced BIOS options for the «Fn» key to be disabled.
- Turn on your computer. …
- Use the right arrow to move to the «System Configuration» menu.
- Press the down arrow to navigate to the «Action Keys Mode» option.
- Press «Enter» to switch the settings to disabled.
How do you unlock the Fn key?
If you hit the letter key on the keyboard, but the system show number, that ‘s because fn key locked, try the solutions bellow to unlock function key. Solutions: Hit FN, F12 and Number Lock key at the same time. Hold down Fn key and tap F11.
How can I enable Fn key on Toshiba laptop?
How to Turn on the Function Key in a Toshiba
- Click «Start,» then «All programs» or «Programs,» then «Toshiba.»
- Select «Utilities,» then «Accessibility.»
- Place a checkmark in the box to make sure the «Fn» key will work whether you press it simultaneously with the F1 through F12 keys or immediately before pressing those keys. …
- Test your «Fn» key.
Can I remove Toshiba Flash Cards?
Right-click on the task bar, and click Task Manager. Go to the Startup Tab , and disable Toshiba Flash Card if you can find it. Click on Start button, and click Run. … Next, uncheck Toshiba Flash Cards on the list, and click Apply — OK.
How do I enable function keys on my Toshiba laptop Windows 10?
Replies (6) Confirm Toshiba Function keys is installed in Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then go to Start>Programs>Toshiba>Tools and Utilities>Keyboard and check the setting for for Function Keys mode is set to Standard F1-F12 mode.
What is the function of F8 key?
F8. Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows Safe Mode. Used by some computers to access the Windows recovery system, but may require a Windows installation CD. Displays a thumbnail image for all workspaces in macOS.
What is Alt F4?
Alt+F4 is a keyboard shortcut most often used to close the currently-active window. … If you want to close a tab or window open in a program, but not close the complete program, use the Ctrl + F4 keyboard shortcut.
What does the F12 key do in Windows 10?
|Enhanced function key||What it does|
|F12: Prints the file in the active window.|
|Redo||F3: Cancels the previous undo action.|
|Reply||F7: Replies to the e-mail in the active window.|
|Save||F11: Saves the file in the active window.|