That means Other is the rest of the files you have on your iPhone that are not photos, videos, apps, or messages. This leaves us with the following things that fall under the Other category in iPhone Storage: Mail attachments.
- 1 Why does my storage say other?
- 2 How do I get rid of other storage on my iPhone?
- 3 How do I get rid of other storage?
- 4 What is other storage on Android?
- 5 Why is my other storage so high on iPhone?
- 6 How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
- 7 How do I manage my iPhone storage?
- 8 What is a cache and what does it do?
- 9 How do I clear my cache on IOS?
- 10 How do I get more space on my iPad without deleting everything?
- 11 Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
- 12 How do I clear storage on my Android?
- 13 How do I clean my internal storage?
- 14 How do I free up space without deleting apps?
- 15 Why is my storage full when I have no apps Android?
Why does my storage say other?
WHEN YOU CHECK up your storage space on your phone, tablet, or computer, it’s normally broken up into different sections. You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file.
How do I get rid of other storage on my iPhone?
Try clearing Safari caches and the offline Reading List
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone [or iPad] Storage. Source: iMore.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Tap Website Data.
- Scroll down and tap Remove all Website Data. Source: iMore.
- Swipe to the left on Offline Reading List.
- Tap Delete. Source: iMore.
18 сент. 2020 г.
How do I get rid of other storage?
On Android, go to Settings > Storage > Free up space. To delete an app, tap the empty box to the right to select and then tap Free up.
What is other storage on Android?
If you fail to clear up your website data then your browser’s local storage could end up taking a significant amount of storage on your device. All of these temporary files and cache files will show up as ‘Other’ when you analyze your filesystem using Android’s stock settings app.
Why is my other storage so high on iPhone?
Open Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you have a lot of Safari tabs open on your iPhone, you might want to close most of them, too. Clearing your Safari data might reduce the size of Other. … If you’re a heavy texter, your Messages app might be filling up your storage with a lot of data.
How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
How to upgrade on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan.
- Tap Buy and follow the onscreen instructions.
14 дек. 2020 г.
How do I manage my iPhone storage?
Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. You might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device’s storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app’s name for more information about its storage.
What is a cache and what does it do?
Cache is a small amount of memory which is a part of the CPU — closer to the CPU than RAM . It is used to temporarily hold instructions and data that the CPU is likely to reuse.
How do I clear my cache on IOS?
How to Clear iPhone and iPad Cache
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and scroll down to Safari in the list.
- Scroll to the Privacy & Security section and tap the blue Clear History and Website Data option near the bottom of the menu. …
- Tap Clear History and Data in the popup pane to confirm.
10 дек. 2019 г.
How do I get more space on my iPad without deleting everything?
How to clear space on your iPhone without deleting photos
- Attempt to rent a movie with a large file size. …
- Delete unused or unnecessary storage-eating apps. …
- Delete old text messages. …
- Stop using My Photo Stream. …
- Don’t keep both photos when you enable HDR mode. …
- Clear your browser’s cache. …
- Turn off automatic app updates.
30 нояб. 2016 г.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage’ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
How do I clear storage on my Android?
Use Android’s “Free up space” tool
- Go to your phone’s settings, and select “Storage.” Among other things, you’ll see information on how much space is in use, a link to a tool called “Smart Storage” (more on that later), and a list of app categories.
- Tap on the blue “Free up space” button.
9 авг. 2019 г.
How do I clean my internal storage?
In the app’s Application info menu, tap Storage and then tap Clear Cache to clear the app’s cache. To clear cached data from all apps, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached data to clear the caches of all the apps on your phone.
How do I free up space without deleting apps?
Clear the cache
To clear cached data from a single or specific program, just go to Settings> Applications>Application Manager and tap on the app, of which the cached data you want to remove. In the information menu, tap on Storage and then “Clear Cache” to remove the relative cached files.
Why is my storage full when I have no apps Android?
In general, the lack of working space is probably the main cause of having insufficient storage available for Android users. … Tap the specific app to see the storage space occupied by the app, its data (the Storage section) and cache (Cache section). Tap Clear Cache to empty cache to free up some space.