- 1 What is a meaning of register?
- 2 What is word register example?
- 3 What are the types of register?
- 4 What is use of register?
- 5 What is a register in grammar?
- 6 What is register in writing?
- 7 How do you use the word register in a sentence?
- 8 How does a register work?
- 9 What is the main difference between a register and a counter?
- 10 What are the four registers?
- 11 What is Register and its examples?
- 12 How do registers affect speed?
- 13 What are the 5 registers of language?
What is a meaning of register?
English Language Learners Definition of register
: to record information about (something) in a book or system of public records. : to put your name on an official list. : to show or record (an amount, value, etc.)
What is word register example?
Answer: the definition of word register is a book, list or record of date, events,or other important pieces of information. An example of word register is listening of people married in a specific church.
What are the types of register?
Following is the list of some of the most common registers used in a basic computer:
|Address register||AR||Holds address for the memory|
|Instruction register||IR||Holds instruction code|
|Program counter||PC||Holds address of the instruction|
What is use of register?
A register is a temporary storage area built into a CPU. … The instruction register fetches instructions from the program counter (PC) and holds each instruction as it is executed by the processor. The memory registers are used to pass data from memory to the processor.
What is a register in grammar?
Register often refers to the degree of formality of language, but in a more general sense it means the language used by a group of people who share similar work or interests, such as doctors or lawyers.
What is register in writing?
Register is the level of formality in a piece of writing.
It’s slightly different from what we might call tone or style. You could see it as a sliding scale, from formal language (for example, a legal document) to informal language (for example, a text message to a friend).
How do you use the word register in a sentence?
Register sentence example
- You’ll help Julie to register Molly at the Keene school while I make the plane reservation. …
- It took a moment for her to register the truth. …
- Check the register downstairs. …
- Her ominous tone did not register with him. …
- on the register at that time whose name began with S.
How does a register work?
Registers: Temporary Storage Areas
They are not a part of memory; rather they are special additional storage locations that offer the advantage of speed. Registers work under the direction of the control unit to accept, hold, and transfer instructions or data and perform arithmetic or logical comparisons at high speed.
What is the main difference between a register and a counter?
While counters are mainly used in counting applications, where they either measure the time interval between two unknown time instants or measure the frequency of a given signal, registers are primarily used for the temporary storage of data present at the output of a digital circuit before they are fed to another …
What are the four registers?
memory address register (MAR) memory data register (MDR) current instruction register (CIR) accumulator (ACC)
- the address of the next instruction to be executed.
- the current instruction being decoded.
- the results of calculations.
What is Register and its examples?
The definition of a register is a book, list or record of dates, events or other important pieces of information. An example of a register is a listing of people married in a specific church. … An example of to register is to sign up for a class.
How do registers affect speed?
The first factor that affects the processing speed of a computer is a register. A register is a small, high-speed memory inside a CPU. … Computers with 32-bit registers mean the CPU can process four bytes of data at one time. The bigger size of the register increases the performance of the computer.
What are the 5 registers of language?
You must control the use of language registers in order to enjoy success in every aspect and situation you encounter.
- Static Register.
- Formal Register.
- Consultative Register.
- Casual Register.
- Intimate Register.