Apple Watch Backups: If you have iCloud backup enabled for your iPhone, it will automatically back up your Apple Watch as well. Messages: iCloud backs up the content in the Messages app, including iMessage, SMS, and MMS messages. … Health Data: Apple now also securely backs up all the health data on your iPhone.
- 1 What data is backed up on iCloud?
- 2 Are text messages included in iCloud backup?
- 3 How do you see what is in your iCloud backup?
- 4 Will deleting iCloud backup delete everything?
- 5 What happens if you don’t backup an app on iCloud?
- 6 How many iPhone backups does iCloud keep?
- 7 Does an iCloud backup save everything?
- 8 Does an iPhone backup include photos?
- 9 Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
- 10 How do I free up space in iCloud?
- 11 How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete from iPhone?
- 12 What happens if you turn off iCloud backup?
- 13 Will deleting old backup delete everything?
- 14 Is iCloud backup necessary?
What data is backed up on iCloud?
What Does iCloud Backup Include?
- App data.
- Apple Watch backups.
- Device settings.
- Home screen and app organization.
- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages.
- Photos and videos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Purchase history from Apple services, like your music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books.
Are text messages included in iCloud backup?
You can back up your iPhone’s text messages to iCloud for reliable storage, and you can access them any time from almost any Apple device. Syncing your iPhone messages with your Mac computer also ensures you won’t lose future texts, and allows you to view or write texts right from your Mac.
How do you see what is in your iCloud backup?
Here’s how to find your iPhone backups with iCloud.
- Click System Preferences from your Dock or the Apple icon in the top menu bar.
- From there, select «iCloud.» Click iCloud in System Preferences. …
- Click «Manage…» …
- Select «Backups» from the menu to see your iPhone backups stored in iCloud.
27 сент. 2019 г.
Will deleting iCloud backup delete everything?
A: The short answer is no—deleting your old iPhone backup from iCloud is completely safe and won’t affect any of the data on your actual iPhone. In fact, even deleting the backup of your current iPhone won’t have any impact on what’s actually on your device.
What happens if you don’t backup an app on iCloud?
Note: If iCloud doesn’t back up an app, it doesn’t back up any of the app’s data. If you later restore your iOS or iPadOS device, the app can be reinstalled but its data can’t be restored if it wasn’t backed up.
How many iPhone backups does iCloud keep?
iCloud saves three backups is what I have seen posted the most.
Does an iCloud backup save everything?
Purchase History: iCloud also keeps tally of all your purchases from the App Store and iTunes Store so you can go back at any time and redownload an app, book, movie, music, or TV shows. Apple Watch Backups: If you have iCloud backup enabled for your iPhone, it will automatically back up your Apple Watch as well.
Does an iPhone backup include photos?
iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device. iCloud backups don’t include: Data that’s already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, iCloud Photos, iMessages, Voice Memos, text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages, and Health data. … Apple Pay information and settings.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
iCloud is a syncing/mirroring service that syncs all of your data across of your devices making them available to you. If your iPhone storage is full, you will have to remove data. You can also use the ‘Optimize Phone Storage’ feature to reduce the resolution/quality of the photos on the device.
How do I free up space in iCloud?
To get rid of these files, open up iCloud from the Settings app (iOS) or System Preferences app (MacOS). Then click or tap Manage Backups to see all of the backups that are currently saved to your iCloud account. Delete the ones you don’t need any longer, and you’ll instantly free up storage space.
How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete from iPhone?
You can make it with steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- [your name] and choose iCloud.
- Tap on “Photos”.
- Turn off “iCloud Photo”.
- Now, you can delete photos from your iPhone.
What happens if you turn off iCloud backup?
Your current backup will be deleted from iCloud, and the iCloud Backup feature will be disabled for the device. If you want to enable the feature again, come back to this screen and tap on the toggle next to the “iCloud Backup” option.
Will deleting old backup delete everything?
No it shouldn’t, because the backups don’t affect anything anyway. … In fact, even deleting the backup of your current iPhone won’t have any impact on what’s actually on your device. The information stored in your iCloud Backups is just that—a backup, or copy, of what is currently on your iPhone.
Is iCloud backup necessary?
Many apps sync their data online like this anyway, so the iCloud backup isn’t completely essential. It depends on the individual app. To customize the individual apps that back up on another device, you’ll have to visit this screen on the other device.