Motherboards come in different sizes, known as form factors. The most common motherboard form factor is ATX. The different types of ATX are known as micro-ATX (sometimes shown as µATX, mini-ATX, FlexATX, EATX, WATX, nano-ATX, pico-ATX, and mobileATX).
- 1 What are the sizes of motherboards?
- 2 What is the largest motherboard size?
- 3 Should I get ATX or Micro ATX?
- 4 What size is an ATX motherboard?
- 5 Does the size of the motherboard matter?
- 6 How do I know what size motherboard I have?
- 7 What is BTX motherboard?
- 8 Which motherboard is best?
- 9 What is bigger than ATX?
- 10 Is micro ATX bad?
- 11 What advantages does ATX have over microATX?
- 12 Is an ITX build worth it?
- 13 How do I know if my motherboard will fit my case?
- 14 What does M ATX mean?
What are the sizes of motherboards?
Motherboards come in three main sizes, from largest to smallest: ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX (Yes, Mini is smaller than Micro).
What is the largest motherboard size?
PC Motherboards: The Basics
The largest of the three motherboard sizes we’re looking at, the ATX measures 12 inches by 9.6 inches. The specification requires all ATX motherboards to be this size.
Should I get ATX or Micro ATX?
Micro ATX is the best choice in the majority of cases.
Only go with ATX if you need more than 4 PCIe slots and only go with Mini ITX if you want the most compact PC that you can get.
What size is an ATX motherboard?
ATX, MicroATX, and Mini-ITX
PC cases themselves are often referred to by these three form factors, but the terms more accurately refer to the size of the motherboards they can host. ATX boards measure 12 by 9.6 inches, MicroATX up to 9.6 by 9.6 inches (they’re sometimes smaller), and Mini-ITX 6.7 inches square.
Does the size of the motherboard matter?
No the size doesn’t matter one bit as long as the motherboard has a 16x PCIe 3.0 slot for your GPU. No, a micro atx mainboard with the same chipset as a full size atx mainboard will perform the same when loaded with same components, ie cpu, gpu, ram.
How do I know what size motherboard I have?
Motherboard form factors are easily identified by their physical dimensions.
- An ATX motherboard size is 12 inches by 9.6 inches.
- An Extended ATX (EATX) measures 12 inches by 13 inches.
- A micro-ATX (mATX) motherboard measures 9.6 by 9.6 inches.
- A mini-ITX motherboard measures _6. 7 by 6.7 inche_s.
What is BTX motherboard?
BTX (for Balanced Technology eXtended) is a form factor for motherboards, originally intended to be the replacement for the aging ATX motherboard form factor in late 2004 and early 2005. … The first company to implement BTX was Gateway Inc, followed by Dell and MPC.
Which motherboard is best?
Best motherboards of 2021 at a glance
- Asus ROG Maximus XII HERO — best Intel motherboard.
- MSI MEG Z490 Godlike — best high-end Intel motherboard.
- GIGABYTE Z490 Gaming X — best budget Intel motherboard.
- MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC — best Intel micro-ATX motherboard.
14 янв. 2021 г.
What is bigger than ATX?
So now we know that the obvious difference between these four motherboards is their size: EATX is the biggest, followed by ATX, then Micro ATX, and finally Mini ITX.
Is micro ATX bad?
Nothing wrong with micro-atx at all. It’s arguably more than sufficient for most people, can be cheaper, more convenient and cooling should be fine unless derped. My micro-atx build has great performance and temps- I put the money saved on motherboard, case and fans into buying a better CPU.
What advantages does ATX have over microATX?
3) What advantages does ATX have over microATX? MicroATX is the advantage because of size that is usually much smaller than normal ATX and usually has fewer expansion slots like PCI, fewer DIMM sockets. They are often built around budget or low cost CHIPSETS.
Is an ITX build worth it?
Building a small form factor machine might mean an extra hour or two dealing with cable tidying in the tight confines of a mini-ITX case, but it’s definitely worth it and saves a huge amount of space. The sacrifices are, for most of us, non-existent too, as long as you only need a single PCI-E card.
How do I know if my motherboard will fit my case?
If you’re not sure what size of motherboard fits in your case you can always find out by measuring what’s already inside, and we recommend buying an ATX board if it will fit. The added expansion slots can be useful. Once you’ve picked a size, you need to select a processor socket.
What does M ATX mean?
microATX (sometimes referred to as μATX, uATX or mATX) is a standard for motherboards that was introduced in December 1997. The maximum size of a microATX motherboard is 9.6 × 9.6 in (244 × 244 mm). The standard ATX size is 25% longer, at 12 × 9.6 in (305 × 244 mm).