The Weissman score is a fictional efficiency metric for lossless compression applications.
- 1 What’s the highest Weissman score?
- 2 Is middle out compression a real thing?
- 3 How is Weissman score calculated?
- 4 Is Pied Piper based on a real company?
- 5 Is hooli a real company?
- 6 Who is the CEO of Pied Piper?
- 7 Who is Big Head based on?
- 8 What is the best compression algorithm?
- 9 Are zips lossless?
- 10 Is Silicon Valley based on a true story?
- 11 What happened to Eric Bachman Silicon Valley?
- 12 How do data compression algorithms work?
- 13 Is the pied piper a villain?
- 14 Why did R Kelly call himself the Pied Piper?
- 15 Why did Pied Piper fail?
What’s the highest Weissman score?
HBO’s satirical show Silicon Valley begins with a programmer who accidentally develops a radically efficient new algorithm for compressing data. We know the algorithm is great because we are told it achieved a «Weissman score» of 2.89, the highest yet recorded.
Is middle out compression a real thing?
The algorithm itself is fictional. The «Weissman Score» used for measuring the efficiency of compression was a piece of fiction before the show was conceived. However the show’s creator Mike Judge collaborated with actual researchers to turn the Weissman Score into a real thing.
How is Weissman score calculated?
Let’s look at the ratio in three ways:
- If the time units are 60 seconds and 30 seconds, respectively, then log(overbar(T))/log(T) = log(60)/log(30)=1.204.
- If the units are minutes, then T=0.5, overbar(T)=1, and log(overbar(T))/log(T) = log(1)/log(0.5) = 0.
26 апр. 2017 г.
Is Pied Piper based on a real company?
Pied Piper, the fictional startup headed by a tech genius who created a revolutionary algorithm from Silicon Valley, doesn’t exist in real life. But Terark does. It’s nowhere near Silicon Valley – the startup is based in Beijing – but fans of the show will find a lot familiar about the Chinese compression startup.
Is hooli a real company?
Hooli isn’t just another high-tech company. Hooli isn’t just about software. … Hooli isn’t just another high-tech company. Hooli isn’t just about software.
Who is the CEO of Pied Piper?
Richard Hendricks — CEO and Founder — Pied Piper | LinkedIn.
Who is Big Head based on?
This ‘Silicon Valley’ star just revealed who his character is based on. Since its debut back in 2014, «Silicon Valley» has sparked debate on who in the tech world inspired the show’s motley crew of characters. Richard is Mark Zuckerberg. Erlich is Sean Parker.
What is the best compression algorithm?
6 Lossless Data Compression Algorithms
- LZ77. LZ77, released in 1977, is the base of many other lossless compression algorithms. …
- LZR. LZR, released in 1981 by Michael Rodeh, modifies LZ77. …
- LZSS. Lempel-Ziv-Storer-Szymanski (LZSS), released in 1982, is an algorithm that improves on LZ77. …
- DEFLATE. …
- LZMA. …
Are zips lossless?
ZIP is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression. A ZIP file may contain one or more files or directories that may have been compressed. The ZIP file format permits a number of compression algorithms, though DEFLATE is the most common.
Is Silicon Valley based on a true story?
The characters of HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley’ are inspired by real people in the tech world — here they are. HBO’s «Silicon Valley» gives a whirlwind tour of the triumphs, debauchery, and epic fails of the real tech world. It’s a show so spot-on, Snap CEO Evan Spiegel once called it «basically a documentary.»
What happened to Eric Bachman Silicon Valley?
At the start of Season 5, Jian-Yang (Jimmy O. Yang) claimed that Erlich was dead and was attempting to gain control of his assets. But in the series finale, Jian-Yang catches wind that Erlich is alive and in Tibet, and last we see him he’s venturing off to Tibet to do… something.
How do data compression algorithms work?
Compression algorithms reduce the number of bytes required to represent data and the amount of memory required to store images. Compression allows a larger number of images to be stored on a given medium and increases the amount of data that can be sent over the internet.
Is the pied piper a villain?
Pied Piper (Hartley Rathaway) is a fictional supervillain turned superhero appearing in comic books published by DC Comics, and is commonly associated with the superhero the Flash. The character was created by writer John Broome and artist Carmine Infantino, and made his first appearance in The Flash #106 (May 1959).
Why did R Kelly call himself the Pied Piper?
“I started calling myself the Pied Piper, when I started using the flute sound in my music” Kelly explains, pointing out classics like “Fiesta” and “Snake.” “I was the Pied Piper. You know, blew a flute. I started calling myself the Pied Piper because of the flute.”
Why did Pied Piper fail?
In Silicon Valley’s penultimate episode, Pied Piper lost out on a mega-payout deal to put its technology onto AT&T’s phones and network because of a powerful but flawed Chinese knockoff.