Basically, you only need it for your associated device, if it will not work properly without it, or if you need those extra features, like using the bottom and side of the TouchPad for scrolling. … Not if your “synaptic pointing device” is working well.
- 1 Is it safe to remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver?
- 2 What happens if I uninstall Synaptics TouchPad?
- 3 What is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver for?
- 4 Is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver A virus?
- 5 Can’t uninstall Synaptics Pointing Device Driver?
- 6 How do I remove Synaptics pointing device?
- 7 Do I have a Synaptics TouchPad?
- 8 Is SynTPEnh exe a virus?
- 9 Can I disable Synaptics TouchPad enhancements?
- 10 Where is the Synaptics driver?
- 11 Why is my Synaptics touchpad not working?
- 12 How do I turn on my Synaptics pointing device?
- 13 What is Synaptics TouchPad?
- 14 What is Syntpenh EXE?
Is it safe to remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver?
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver cannot be uninstalled due to many other problems. An incomplete uninstallation of Synaptics Pointing Device Driver may also cause many problems. So, it’s really important to completely uninstall Synaptics Pointing Device Driver and remove all of its files.
What happens if I uninstall Synaptics TouchPad?
If you remove it from your device list, you will lose your trackpad. Even if, like me, you hardly use it, there will be those few times when you’ll scream because it’s non-usable.
What is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver for?
The synaptics pointing device driver is the default driver for the trackpads on most laptops models. In short, this is the software that allows you to use the touchpad to move the mouse cursor around.
Is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver A virus?
SynTPLpr.exe is a legitimate file process developed by Synaptics. This process is known as TouchPad Driver Helper Application and it belongs to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. … The virus is created by malware authors and is named after SynTPLpr.exe file.
Can’t uninstall Synaptics Pointing Device Driver?
Follow these steps.
- Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
- In the list of devices, you should see the display driver.
- Right click on the device driver and then select «Uninstall».
- In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system.
How do I remove Synaptics pointing device?
How to Uninstall a Synaptics Pointing Device
- Go to «Start» and type the command «devmgmt. …
- Type in the administrator password or click the «Continue» button.
- Double-click «Mice and other pointing devices» on the list to expand it.
- Right-click on «Synaptics Pointing Device» and choose «Uninstall» from the list of options.
Do I have a Synaptics TouchPad?
You can check from the Device Manager. To open it, right-click the Start menu and select the “Device Manager” command. Expand the “Mice and other pointing options” category. Check to see whether you have a “Synaptics” or “ELAN” input device.
Is SynTPEnh exe a virus?
SynTPEnh.exe is a legitimate file. This process is known as Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements and it belongs to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. … The malware programmers or cyber criminals write different types of malicious programs and name it as SynTPEnh.exe to damage the software and hardware.
Can I disable Synaptics TouchPad enhancements?
Press Windows Key +X. Select Device manager. Expand Mice and other pointing devices. Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
Where is the Synaptics driver?
Open Device Manager. Scroll down and expand Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics Touchpad. Right-click on Synaptics Touchpad and select Properties. Select the Driver tab.
Why is my Synaptics touchpad not working?
If you’re having issues with your Synaptics touchpad on Windows 10, the problem might be related to your drivers. … If the default driver doesn’t work, go to your touchpad manufacturer’s website and download an older driver. Once you install the older driver, check if the problem still persists.
How do I turn on my Synaptics pointing device?
How Do I Turn on a Synaptics Touchpad?
- Connect an external pointing device such as a USB mouse to your computer if you are unable to control the mouse pointer at all. …
- Double-click the «Mice and other pointing devices» category in the device manager to expand it. …
- Install the driver for your Synaptics touchpad if needed.
What is Synaptics TouchPad?
The Synaptics TouchPad is a touch-sensitive pad that performs all the regular functions of a mouse, including scrolling, highlighting and clicking content. The Synaptics TouchPad is used in many computers and notebooks with OEM devices. … TouchPad settings can also be customized to suit your particular needs.
What is Syntpenh EXE?
syntpenh.exe is a process installed alongside the Synaptics touchpad for laptop computer touchpads. Provides additional configurations and support, and is essential on some machines for the functioning of this input device.