- 1 How do you unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing?
- 2 How do you unlock an Excel spreadsheet without the password?
- 3 How do you remove protection from an Excel document?
- 4 How can I open a locked Excel file?
- 5 How do I lock an Excel spreadsheet for editing by another user?
- 6 How do I unlock a protected Excel sheet for free?
- 7 How do I remove password protection from Excel 2016?
How do you unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing?
Unprotect an Excel worksheet
- Go to the worksheet you want to unprotect.
- Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- If the sheet is protected with a password, then enter the password in the Unprotect Sheet dialog box, and click OK.
How do you unlock an Excel spreadsheet without the password?
This can be done with the following two Methods.
- Method 1: Right click the «sheet» tab and then from the «context menu», select the option of «Unprotect Sheet».
- Method 2: Go to the «REVIEW» tab and click the «Unprotect Sheet» in the «Changes» group. …
- Method 1: Allow Certain Users to Edit Selected Cells.
28 июн. 2019 г.
How do you remove protection from an Excel document?
Open the workbook that you want to change or remove the password for. On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook. Click Unprotect Sheet or Protect Workbook and enter the password. Clicking Unprotect Sheet automatically removes the password from the sheet.
How can I open a locked Excel file?
The steps are pretty simple. All you have to do is open the desired workbook and click on the Unprotect Sheet, which will remove the password. To change the password, click on Protect Workbook and type and confirm the new password.
How do I lock an Excel spreadsheet for editing by another user?
As in Excel, click the «File» tab in the ribbon menu; click «Info» and then click «Protect Document» to restrict who can edit your Word document. The options are similar to Excel, and there is also a «Restrict Editing» feature that lets you specify specific types of editing that are and are not allowed.
How do I unlock a protected Excel sheet for free?
- Click “Browse…” and select the . XLS or . XLSX file you would like to unprotect.
- Agree to the Terms of Service by checking the appropriate check box.
- Click “Unlock File!” – and you’re done!
How do I remove password protection from Excel 2016?
How to remove Excel 2016 spreadsheet password protection
- Go to File InfoProtect Workbook, and choose Encrypt with Password option again, just like when you encrypt excel workbook.
- Clear password in pop-up dialog Encrypt the contents of this file. Click OK.
- Related Articles: