Click in the first cell of the Trim column. On the Formulas tab, click the Text dropdown menu in the Functions group and select TRIM. After the dialog box appears, click on the cell that contains the text you would like to remove spaces from to complete the function. Click OK.
- 1 How do you use the trim function in Excel?
- 2 How do I cut part of data in Excel?
- 3 Why is trim not working Excel?
- 4 What is the trim function in Excel?
- 5 How do I extract specific text from Excel?
- 6 How do I cut text length in Excel?
- 7 How do I cut all spaces in Excel?
- 8 What is a non-breaking space in Excel?
- 9 How do I find trailing spaces in Excel?
- 10 How do you remove special characters in Excel?
How do you use the trim function in Excel?
Trim Spaces for Excel — remove extra spaces in a click
- Select the cell(s) where you want to delete spaces.
- Click the Trim Spaces button on the ribbon.
- Choose one or all of the following options: Trim leading and trailing spaces. Trim extra spaces between words, except for a single space. …
- Click Trim.
16 нояб. 2016 г.
How do I cut part of data in Excel?
On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, do one of the following:
- To move cells, click Cut . Keyboard shortcut You can also press Ctrl+X.
- To copy cells, click Copy . Keyboard shortcut You can also press Ctrl+C.
Why is trim not working Excel?
One space character commonly used in Web pages that TRIM() will not remove is the non-breaking space. If you have imported or copied data from Web pages you may not be able to remove the extra spaces with the TRIM() function if they are created by non-breaking spaces.
What is the trim function in Excel?
The TRIM function is categorized under Excel Text functions. … TRIM helps remove the extra spaces in data and thus clean up the cells in the worksheet. In financial analysis, the TRIM function can be useful in removing irregular spacing from data imported from other applications.
How do I extract specific text from Excel?
Using Text to Columns to Extract a Substring in Excel
- Select the cells where you have the text.
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Text to Columns.
- In the Text to Column Wizard Step 1, select Delimited and press Next.
- In Step 2, check the Other option and enter @ in the box right to it.
How do I cut text length in Excel?
How to truncate text in Excel – Excelchat
- Step 1: Prepare your data sheet. The first thing that you need to do in order to truncate characters is to have the data in a worksheet. …
- Step 2: Select cell/column where you want the truncated text string to appear. …
- Step 3: Type the RIGHT or LEFT truncating formula in the target cell.
How do I cut all spaces in Excel?
Remove all spaces between numbers
- Press Ctrl + Space to select all cells in a column.
- Press Ctrl + H to open the «Find & Replace» dialog box.
- Press Space bar in the Find What field and make sure the «Replace with» field is empty.
- Click on the «Replace all» button, and then press Ok. Voila! All spaces are removed.
15 нояб. 2013 г.
What is a non-breaking space in Excel?
In Excel, the CHAR() function allows us to output characters based on the numeric identifier of that character. In this case for testing, CHAR(160) is a non-breaking space , so the contents of A2 appears to match that of A1 , but in fact the spaces on either side for A2 are non-breaking.
How do I find trailing spaces in Excel?
Calculate the «number_of_characters» by measuring the LENgth in characters of the text in cell A1 and subtracting the TRIMmed LENgth from it to determine the number of trailing spaces. This portion of the formula «LEN(A1)-LEN(TRIM(A1))» identifies how many characters must be replaced.
How do you remove special characters in Excel?
Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. 2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window. Note: In the above code, you can change the special characters #$%()^*& to any others that you want to remove.