- 1 What does it mean if something is complex?
- 2 How do you describe a complex?
- 3 What is complex synonyms or antonyms?
- 4 What is a sentence for the word complex?
- 5 What is complex example?
- 6 What does it mean if someone gives you a complex?
- 7 How do you explain complex ideas?
- 8 How do you understand complex concepts?
- 9 Is complex a negative word?
- 10 What is the opposite word for complex?
- 11 What is another name for dynamic?
- 12 What does unnecessarily complex mean?
- 13 What is a word for complex?
- 14 What are the types of complex sentences?
- 15 What are complex sentences 5 examples?
What does it mean if something is complex?
Use complex to refer to something that is not simple. Something complex has two or more related parts, or is not simple in its structure. As a noun, a complex is a group of units, often a group of buildings. The adjective is stressed on the second syllable, but the noun is stressed on the first syllable.
How do you describe a complex?
adjective. composed of many interconnected parts; compound; composite: a complex highway system. characterized by a very complicated or involved arrangement of parts, units, etc.: complex machinery. so complicated or intricate as to be hard to understand or deal with: a complex problem.
What is complex synonyms or antonyms?
complex. Antonyms: obvious, plain, simple, direct, inobscure, superficial, vague, loose, unraveled. Synonyms: intricate, multifarious, compound, complicated, multifold, involved, deep, many-sided, abstruse, close, tangled, obscure.
What is a sentence for the word complex?
Complex sentence example. It was one of many complex issues. There should be complex interaction between those trends and currents. It was a complex task of regenerating Docklands, because its diverse areas were enormous.
What is complex example?
For example; He sang and she danced. Subject / verb / co-ordinating conjunction / subject / verb. There are seven coordinating conjunctions that enable two clauses to be equal and they are worth taking the time to memorise; A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause.
What does it mean if someone gives you a complex?
Answer: A complex is an informal term for what happens when someone develops a belief (often an exadurated belief) that a particular situation is dangerous or embarrassing. For example, you might say, “For heaven’s sake, don’t call attention to her nose being so big! You’ll give her a complex”.
How do you explain complex ideas?
8 simple ideas for concept development and explanation
- Understand your audience. …
- Define your terms. …
- Classify and divide your concept into ‘chunks’ …
- Compare and contrast. …
- Tell a story or give an example to illustrate the process or concept. …
- Illustrate with examples. …
- Show Causes or Effects. …
- Compare new concepts to familiar ones.
24 янв. 2017 г.
How do you understand complex concepts?
Five tips to learn complex concepts
- Write an explanation of the concept; make it as simple as you can and avoid using jargon. …
- Consider which aspects of the concept you had trouble explaining and review them. …
- Once you have written down a complete explanation, try to simplify your explanation further, without making it less substantive.
22 янв. 2020 г.
Is complex a negative word?
As a result, «complicated» sometimes has a negative connotation, effectively meaning «unnecessarily complex.»
What is the opposite word for complex?
What is the opposite of complex?
What is another name for dynamic?
In this page you can discover 65 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for dynamic, like: energetic, powerful, changing, influential, forcible, intense, magnetic, , compelling, active and potent.
What does unnecessarily complex mean?
2. Labyrinthine, convoluted, unnecessarily complicated. Notes: Today’s is another word not used nearly enough. It has an intensive sense, that is, extremely twisted or tortuous, more complicated than necessary when talking about an argument or explanation.
What is a word for complex?
Some common synonyms of complex are complicated, intricate, involved, and knotty. While all these words mean «having confusingly interrelated parts,» complex suggests the unavoidable result of a necessary combining and does not imply a fault or failure.
What are the types of complex sentences?
There are two types: independent and dependent. Let’s explore these in a little more detail so that you can better understand complex sentences.
What are complex sentences 5 examples?
Common Complex Sentence Examples
- Because my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.
- Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.
- She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.
- Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.