- 1 What is the difference between archive and delete on iPhone?
- 2 Where is archive on my iPhone?
- 3 What is archive vs delete?
- 4 What does Archive mean in iPhone mail?
- 5 Does iPhone have archived messages?
- 6 How do I delete archived messages?
- 7 How do you find archived iMessages on iPhone?
- 8 How do I retrieve archived emails on my iPhone?
- 9 How do I retrieve archived emails?
- 10 How long do emails stay in archive?
- 11 What is the point of archiving emails?
- 12 Do archived emails take up space?
- 13 How long do emails stay on iPhone?
- 14 What does Archive mean in messages?
What is the difference between archive and delete on iPhone?
Archiving email keeps the messages in an Archived folder, but Deleting moves them to the trash. … In iOS 7, to change it so that way the emails will delete, go into Settings, tap on Mail, Contacts & Calendars and tap on your Gmail account that is listed.
Where is archive on my iPhone?
Open the Mail app and swipe left to right across the screen until you get to the mail Mailboxes screen. Select the account under the Accounts section not the inboxes at the top. In there you should find the Archive folder.
What is archive vs delete?
The Gmail app for Android gives its users two choices for discarding a new message: archive or delete. The Archive action removes the message from view in the inbox and puts it in the All Mail area, in case you ever need it again. You can find archived messages by using Gmail’s search function.
What does Archive mean in iPhone mail?
With iOS, ‘Mail’ can archive Gmail messages on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Archiving messages allows you to store messages you’re done with but don’t want to delete. When you archive a Gmail message, it moves to the ‘All Mail’ folder. ‘Mail’ doesn’t delete the message from your Gmail account.
Does iPhone have archived messages?
You’ve got lots of text messages — iMessages, SMSs, and MMSs — on your iPhone, and you may want to save copies them in an archive to view them later. Apple doesn’t offer any way to do this, but iMazing can archive all of your messages in backups so you can access them at any time.
How do I delete archived messages?
Touch and hold each conversation that you want to archive or delete.
- Archive: To put the selected conversations into your archives, tap Archive. . …
- Mark all as read: Tap More. Mark all as read.
- Delete: To delete the selected conversations from Messages, tap Delete .
How do you find archived iMessages on iPhone?
Option 2. Retrieve Deleted iMessages from iTunes Backup
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into the computer using a USB cable. …
- Select your device icon when it appears, then click on “Restore Backup”. …
- Once the restore process is finished, restart your device and your deleted iMessages should appear on the Message app again.
5 янв. 2021 г.
How do I retrieve archived emails on my iPhone?
Tap on the archived message and select the «Folder» icon at the bottom of the screen. Choose a suitable folder to which you will move the archived email. You will now be able to conveniently access the retrieved email by opening that folder.
How do I retrieve archived emails?
Open All Mail
If a message has been archived, you can find it by opening the All Mail label. On your computer, go to Gmail. On the left, click More. Click All Mail.
How long do emails stay in archive?
How long do emails stay in the archive?
|Industry||Regulation/Regulatory Body||Retention Period|
|All||Internal Revenue Service (IRS)||7 years|
|All (Government + Education)||Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)||3 years|
|All public companies||Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)||7 years|
What is the point of archiving emails?
The point of archiving is to give you a central location to store mails that you no longer need direct access to. It also ensures your inbox is kept clean and attachments and other files are kept safe.
Do archived emails take up space?
Yes, messages that are archived count towards your storage quota. Even messages in the trash and spam are counted. The only difference is that messages in the spam and trash will probably be permanently deleted within 30 days, which automatically frees up space in your account.
How long do emails stay on iPhone?
The 3 day default can be changed to up to 1 month. POP/IMAP: Deleted messages are removed after 1 week by default (adjustable to up to never). Inbox messages are stored based on preferences set in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Show : 100 Recent Messages. The default is 100 recent messages.
What does Archive mean in messages?
So in effect, archiving lets you tidy up your inbox by moving messages from your inbox into your All Mail label, so you don’t have to delete anything. … when someone responds to a message you’ve archived, the conversation containing that message will reappear in your inbox automatically!