Hold command-option-r at boot to start in Internet recovery mode. Select your wifi then you should see a spinning globe while the recovery utility downloads. Once the recovery screen comes up start Disk Utility and go to the erase tab.
- 1 How do I clear my Mac base system?
- 2 How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
- 3 How do I wipe my Macbook clean and start over?
- 4 Do I need to delete macOS base system?
- 5 How do I prepare my Mac for trade in?
- 6 How do I do a factory reset?
- 7 Why can’t I erase my Mac?
- 8 How do I completely reset my MacBook pro?
- 9 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- 10 Can I erase Macintosh HD data?
- 11 Does reinstalling macOS delete data?
- 12 What is macOS base system in Disk Utility?
How do I clear my Mac base system?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
To enter recovery mode, restart your Mac and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys when you see the Apple logo. Next, you’ll see the MacOS Utilities window.
How do I wipe my Macbook clean and start over?
Go to Settings > System > Reset or System > General > Reset on 3rd gen and previous devices. 3. Select «Reset» if you just want to erase your data, and «Reset and Update» if you want to bring your Apple TV’s software up to date after you wipe it.
Do I need to delete macOS base system?
Answer: A: There is no need to erase The Base System. A new installation will over write it.
How do I prepare my Mac for trade in?
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac
- Create a backup. Make sure that you have a current backup of your important files. …
- Sign out of iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier. …
- Sign out of iCloud. …
- Sign out of iMessage. …
- Reset NVRAM. …
- Optional: Unpair Bluetooth devices that you’re keeping. …
- Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS.
4 июн. 2020 г.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset: Step by step
- Open up your settings.
- Go to System > Advanced > Reset Options > Erase All Data (Factory Reset) > Reset Phone.
- You may need to enter a password or PIN.
- Finally, tap Erase Everything.
6 янв. 2021 г.
Why can’t I erase my Mac?
If you’re trying to reformat or erase the startup disk on your Mac, you need to boot into Recovery Mode first. The startup disk is the main hard drive on your computer: the one that stores macOS and all your data. It’s not usually possible to erase the startup disk because your Mac is using it to run macOS.
How do I completely reset my MacBook pro?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
Boot from the Recovery HD by restarting the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and «R» keys until the computer starts from the Recovery HD. Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.
Can I erase Macintosh HD data?
Use Disk Utility to erase your Mac
Select Macintosh HD in the sidebar of Disk Utility. Don’t see Macintosh HD? Click the Erase button in the toolbar, then enter the requested details: Name: Macintosh HD.
Does reinstalling macOS delete data?
Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data.
What is macOS base system in Disk Utility?
OS X Base System is the recovery partition (used to install OS X without a CD). To use it just boot into Recovery Mode by pressing Command+R when starting the system. You’re going to want to use disk utility and format Macintosh HD. And then after you format you can re-open the install tools.