Performing a clean uninstallation of Mozilla Firefox removes your bookmarks permanently. Before uninstalling, however, use the Firefox Import/Export wizard to export your bookmarks to an HTML (HyperText Markup Language) file so that you can import them after reinstalling Firefox.
- 1 How do I save and reinstall Firefox bookmarks?
- 2 Does resetting Firefox delete bookmarks?
- 3 How do I recover my bookmarks after reinstalling Firefox?
- 4 How do I do a clean install of Firefox?
- 5 How do I restore my bookmarks in Windows 10?
- 6 How do I restore my bookmarks?
- 7 How do I permanently delete bookmarks?
- 8 How do I reset my Firefox computer?
- 9 How do I permanently delete bookmarks from Firefox?
- 10 Why have all my bookmarks disappeared?
- 11 Why are my bookmarks not showing up in Firefox?
- 12 How do I recover a lost bookmark folder in Firefox?
- 13 How do I delete and reinstall Firefox?
- 14 Can I delete old Firefox data?
- 15 How do I delete everything from Firefox?
How do I save and reinstall Firefox bookmarks?
Backup and restore
Click Bookmarks and then click the Show All Bookmarks bar at the bottom. Import and Backup button and then select Backup…. In the Bookmarks backup filename window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks-«date». json by default.
Does resetting Firefox delete bookmarks?
The “Refresh” feature won’t delete everything. Firefox will keep your bookmarks and saved passwords. You’ll be prompted if you want to reopen your currently open tabs after the Refresh, too, so you won’t even lose your open tabs. However, this will delete your installed add-ons and erase all their locally stored data.
How do I recover my bookmarks after reinstalling Firefox?
- Click the Bookmarks button (or. …
- At the top of the Library window, click on Import and Backup and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
How do I do a clean install of Firefox?
All Replies (4)
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
13 сент. 2018 г.
How do I restore my bookmarks in Windows 10?
Hold down CTRL + SHIFT+B to open bookmarks menu, or from the Bookmarks menu select Show all Bookmarks. 3. Click Import and Backup.
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome (3 dots top right)
- Select Settings.
- Sign in and link your data again.
- Close and reopen Chrome, your bookmarks should be back.
8 июн. 2018 г.
How do I restore my bookmarks?
If you just deleted a bookmark or bookmark folder, you can just hit Ctrl+Z in the Library window or Bookmarks sidebar to bring it back. In the Library window, you can also find the Undo command on the “Organize” menu. Update: Press Ctrl+Shift+B in Firefox to open this Library window.
How do I permanently delete bookmarks?
Right-click on any bookmark and select «Delete.» At any time in Chrome, you can right-click a bookmark and select «Delete» to permanently delete it. You can do this for bookmarks in your bookmarks bar, the bookmarks manager, or the list in the «Bookmarks» section of the Chrome menu.
How do I reset my Firefox computer?
Reset Firefox on Windows
- Click the menu icon, then click on “Help”. Click on Firefox’s main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines. …
- Click “Troubleshooting Information”. From the Help menu, click on “Troubleshooting Information“.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” …
- Confirm. …
- Click “Finish”.
How do I permanently delete bookmarks from Firefox?
Deleting a single bookmark
- Go to the page in your bookmarks that you want to remove.
- Click on the star icon to the right of your search bar.
- In the Edit This Bookmark window, click Remove Bookmark.
Why have all my bookmarks disappeared?
Your old bookmarks, hopefully, are listed there. In Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced sync settings (under the Sign in section) and change the sync settings so that Bookmarks aren’t synced, if they currently are set to sync. … Back in the Chrome user data folder, find another «Bookmarks» file without an extension.
Why are my bookmarks not showing up in Firefox?
*Right-click empty toolbar area -> Customize *»3-bar» menu button -> Customize *View -> Toolbars<br>*you can tap the Alt key or press the F10 key to show the hidden Menu Bar temporarily *check that «Bookmarks Toolbar Items» is on the Bookmarks Toolbar *if «Bookmarks Toolbar Items» is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then …
How do I recover a lost bookmark folder in Firefox?
If you remember a bookmarked page in this folder or still have one in the history then do a search in the history. If you haven’t bookmarked many pages recently then you can try to restore a recent JSON backup. See also: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bookmark-search-plus-2/
How do I delete and reinstall Firefox?
In the Control Panel window, click the Uninstall a program link under the Programs section. From the list of currently installed programs, select Mozilla Firefox. To begin the uninstall, click the Uninstall button at the top of the list. The Mozilla Firefox Uninstall window will open.
Can I delete old Firefox data?
The «Old Firefox Data» folder is created when the browser is refreshed. It contains the original profile you were using before the refresh. If anything seems wrong or missing, you might be able to recover what you want from it. Once you are sure you no longer have need of the old profile, you can remove it if you want.
How do I delete everything from Firefox?
Clear specific items from your browser
Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or in the upper right of the browser) and select Settings (you may need to tap More first) . Tap Privacy and choose Clear now. Put a check mark next to the items you want to clear and then tap Clear data.