Press the Windows key , type «taskbar settings», then press Enter . Or, right-click the taskbar, and choose Taskbar settings. In the window that appears, scroll down to the Notification area section. From here, you can choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar or Turn system icons on or off.
- 1 How do I restore my system tray icons?
- 2 How do I show hidden icons in system tray?
- 3 How do I get the hidden icons back on my taskbar?
- 4 How do I unhide hidden icons?
- 5 How do I find my system tray?
- 6 How do I open my system tray?
- 7 Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
- 8 How do I see all system tray icons in Windows 10?
- 9 How do I add icons to Windows 10 system tray?
- 10 How do I get my icons back on my taskbar Windows 10?
- 11 How do I show windows open in taskbar?
- 12 How do I hide the icons on the taskbar in Windows 10?
- 13 How do I get back hidden apps?
- 14 How do I find hidden apps on Windows 10?
- 15 How do I unhide the taskbar in Windows 10?
How do I restore my system tray icons?
Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or off. If you’d like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
To show or hide system icons from the tray in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization — Taskbar.
- On the right, click on the link «Turn system icons on or off» under Notification area.
- On the next page, enable or disable the system icons you need to show or hide.
If you want to add a hidden icon to the notification area, tap or click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want back to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons as you want.
To hide or unhide all your desktop icons, right-click on your desktop, point to “View,” and click “Show Desktop Icons.” This option works on Windows 10, 8, 7, and even XP. This option toggles desktop icons on and off. That’s it! This option is easy to find and use—if you know it’s there.
How do I find my system tray?
The notification area (also called the «system tray») is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.
How do I open my system tray?
Low and behold, there is an easy shortcut to access your system tray from the keyboard. Here it is: Simply press Win + B on your keyboard (the Windows key and B at the same time) to select your system tray.
Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
1. Click on Start, select Settings or press Windows logo key + I and navigate to System > Notifications & actions. 2. Click on option Select which icons appear on the taskbar and Turn system icons on or off, then customize your system notifications icons.
How do I see all system tray icons in Windows 10?
Always Show All Tray Icons in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization — Taskbar.
- On the right, click on the link «Select which icons appear on the taskbar» under Notification area.
- On the next page, enable the option «Always show all icons in the notification area».
How do I add icons to Windows 10 system tray?
Windows 10 — System Tray
- Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
- Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. …
- Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.
How do I get my icons back on my taskbar Windows 10?
To restore these icons, follow these steps:
- Right-click the desktop and click Properties.
- Click the Desktop tab.
- Click Customize desktop.
- Click the General tab, and then click the icons that you want to place on the desktop.
- Click OK.
How do I show windows open in taskbar?
Steps to show windows opened on all desktops or desktop using on taskbar: Step 1: Enter Settings by searching. Step 2: Open System. Step 3: Choose Multitasking, click the down arrow under On the taskbar, show windows that are open on, and select All desktops or Only the desktop I’m using.
How do I hide the icons on the taskbar in Windows 10?
First, scroll down the Taskbar settings screen to the section for «Notification Area.» Click on the link for «Select which icons appear on the taskbar.» At the «Select which icons appear on the taskbar» screen, turn on the icons that you wish to see in the System Tray and turn off the ones you want to stay hidden.
- Tap the Apps tray from any Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Application manager.
- Scroll through the list of apps that display or tap MORE and select Show system apps.
- If the app is hidden, «Disabled» appears in the field with the app name.
- Tap the desired application.
- Tap ENABLE to show the app.
How to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10 and Previous
- Navigate to the control panel. …
- Select Large or Small icons from the View by menu if one of them is not already selected.
- Select File Explorer Options (sometimes called Folder options)
- Open the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
How do I unhide the taskbar in Windows 10?
To hide your search box, press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Search > Hidden. If your search bar is hidden and you want it to show on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Search > Show search box.