In this instance, the cure is to perform a “Force Quit.” Go to the Apple menu and select “Force Quit,” or press the Option-Command-Escape keys as a shortcut. The Mac will display a list of programs; click the one that’s frozen, and the Mac will close it down without affecting any of the others.
- 1 What do I do if my iMac freezes?
- 2 Why is my Mac not responding?
- 3 What causes my iMac to freeze up?
- 4 How do I force restart my iMac?
- 5 How do I fix a stuck IMAC on loading screen?
- 6 How do I fix a stuck Mac loading screen?
- 7 How do you reset an unresponsive Macbook?
- 8 Why is my Mac so slow and unresponsive?
- 9 How do you fix a Mac that won’t shut down?
What do I do if my iMac freezes?
If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button. If all else fails, pull the plug, but remember that powering down without logging out should be used only as a last resort.
Why is my Mac not responding?
If you cannot interact with the Apple menu (perhaps your mouse is unresponsive), press Command-Control-Eject on your keyboard. This instructs macOS to restart immediately. If that doesn’t work (if your keyboard is also unresponsive), press and hold the Power button on your Mac until your Mac switches off.
What causes my iMac to freeze up?
The situation varies from case to case, your iMac may freeze up randomly, while running a specific app, or upon startup. Causes of a frozen iMac can range from glitchy apps, faulty software, and inadequate RAM or hard disk storage.
How do I force restart my iMac?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I fix a stuck IMAC on loading screen?
If the battery is non-removable:
- Force shut down the Mac that is frozen on the loading screen.
- Press Shift+Control+Option on your keyboard and press the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys for 10 seconds.
- Release the keys.
- Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
How do I fix a stuck Mac loading screen?
How to fix a Mac stuck on the loading screen?
- Shut the Mac down, usually by pressing the power button.
- Now press the Shift, Control, Option keys at the same time.
- Then while still pressing those keys, hold the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
4 дек. 2019 г.
How do you reset an unresponsive Macbook?
1. Press the «control,» the «command» and the eject keys at the same time. 2. Beware, this will immediately restart your computer and you may lose any files you’re working with.
Why is my Mac so slow and unresponsive?
There are several other reasons why your Mac might be running slower: Limited hard drive space available. Too many apps running. Lots of cache and log files in use.
How do you fix a Mac that won’t shut down?
If your Mac still doesn’t shut down you may have to force it to switch off.
- Press and hold the Power button on your Mac until the screen goes black and the power light goes off. You may hear a wiring sound and a click.
- Leave the Mac for around 30 seconds before pressing the Power button again to switch it back on.
12 июн. 2019 г.