Every Android phone is a little different, but you should be able to mute notifications by opening the group message in question, clicking the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner, and going to “People & Options” (or something similar). From that settings page, tap “Notifications” and turn them off.
- 1 How do I mute a text thread?
- 2 Can you silence text messages?
- 3 How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- 4 What does muting a text conversation do?
- 5 How do I silence text messages from certain contacts iPhone?
- 6 How do I turn off text message alerts?
- 7 How do I turn off the sound when I get a text?
- 8 Can you silence one person’s calls?
- 9 How do I silence certain contacts?
- 10 Do messages deliver on Do Not Disturb?
- 11 Why is there a bell next to my text message?
- 12 How do you reply to a group text without replying to all?
How do I mute a text thread?
Tap and hold the conversation you want to mute. 3. Tap the «Notifications» button in the bottom-left of the screen. A small mute icon will appear next to the conversation, and you’ll no longer receive notifications about it.
Can you silence text messages?
For Android users, swipe down from the top of the screen twice to reveal the Quick connect menu, or tap the top of the screen twice. Click the ‘Do not disturb’ button to silence all calls, texts, notifications and alarms.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
What does muting a text conversation do?
Muting a conversation disables notifications.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts iPhone?
How to Mute iPhone Text Message Notifications for a Specific…
- In the Messages app, tap on the text message thread from the contact you want to mute:
- Tap Details in the top right corner:
- Swipe the Do Not Disturb tab to the on position (it will turn green):
20 февр. 2016 г.
How do I turn off text message alerts?
Change default notification settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More options. Settings. To stop message notifications from other apps, tap Notifications. Turn off All Default settings notifications. To get notifications on your phone from Messages for web, tap Notifications. Turn on All “Messages for web” notifications.
How do I turn off the sound when I get a text?
From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app. From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“. Select “Notifications“. Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
Can you silence one person’s calls?
SemiSilent lets you selectively mute your ringer for certain annoying callers, letting only your preferred contacts make it past the silence. Just download the free app from the Android Market, install it and open it up.
How do I silence certain contacts?
How to Set a Specific Contact to Silent Mode in Android
- Download this 10 second mp3 silent ring tone and copy it over the phone’s Sd card.
- Go to contacts, scroll for that particular person for you want to set silent and select.
- Touch menu button, then tap options.
- Touch the ringtone and open file manager and select the silent mp3 file.
4 сент. 2013 г.
Do messages deliver on Do Not Disturb?
It looks just the same as it always was. They’ll be told the message was delivered. That does not equate to it having been read, just like if they sent you a message when the phone wasn’t on DND and you didn’t open messages and read it. As for phone calls, they should go immediately to voice mail.
Why is there a bell next to my text message?
«Notification» (the bell) allows you to turn notifications on and off for that contact. If you have notifications off, you will see the little bell with a line through it on the summary page where all your conversations are.
How do you reply to a group text without replying to all?
Jump to solution. When you have the message thread open in a group message, long press any of the message bubbles for the sender (or any of the recipients for that matter). A menu will pop up, and the bottom choice is «Reply to Sender» — selecting that creates a thread ONLY to the sender of that message.