Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
- 1 How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
- 2 How do I wipe my Mac hard drive and start over?
- 3 Why can’t I erase my Mac?
- 4 How do I restore my old MacBook Air to factory settings?
- 5 How do I do a factory reset?
- 6 How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- 7 What’s the difference between Apfs and Mac OS Extended?
- 8 How do I get out of disk utility on a Mac?
How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
1 февр. 2021 г.
How do I wipe my Mac hard drive and start over?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
Why can’t I erase my Mac?
If you’re trying to reformat or erase the startup disk on your Mac, you need to boot into Recovery Mode first. The startup disk is the main hard drive on your computer: the one that stores macOS and all your data. It’s not usually possible to erase the startup disk because your Mac is using it to run macOS.
How do I restore my old MacBook Air to factory settings?
You need to put your MacBook ($760 at Best Buy) into recovery mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter recovery mode, restart your Mac and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys when you see the Apple logo. Next, you’ll see the MacOS Utilities window.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset: Step by step
- Open up your settings.
- Go to System > Advanced > Reset Options > Erase All Data (Factory Reset) > Reset Phone.
- You may need to enter a password or PIN.
- Finally, tap Erase Everything.
6 янв. 2021 г.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
How to Reset MacBook Air: Performing a Factory Reset
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive (e.g. «APPLE SSD») and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option if you’re running macOS High Sierra or later. …
- Click Erase.
2 дек. 2020 г.
What’s the difference between Apfs and Mac OS Extended?
APFS, or “Apple File System,” is one of the new features in macOS High Sierra. … Mac OS Extended, also known as HFS Plus or HFS+, is the file system used on all Macs from 1998 until now. On macOS High Sierra, it’s used on all mechanical and hybrid drives, and older versions of macOS used it by default for all drives.
How do I get out of disk utility on a Mac?
You’ll need to use Disk Utility to do that.
- Click Disk Utility when in macOS Recovery.
- Click Continue.
- Click on your Mac’s startup drive in the Disk Utility sidebar. …
- Click First Aid.
- Click Run. …
- Click Done.
- Click Disk Utility in the Menu bar.
- Click Quit Disk Utility.
8 дек. 2019 г.