You can restart explorer.exe easily by using command. Step 1: Open Command Prompt. Press Win + X shortcut keys, then click Command Prompt in Quick Links menu. Step 2: Type in taskkill /f /im explorer.exe command, then hit Enter to stop the explorer.exe process.
- 1 How do I force Explorer EXE to restart?
- 2 How do I restart Explorer EXE in Remote Desktop?
- 3 How do I stop and start Explorer EXE?
- 4 How do I restart Explorer without task manager?
- 5 How do I fix explorer exe not responding?
- 6 Why is explorer exe not working?
- 7 What happens if Explorer EXE is killed?
- 8 How do I restart my computer using the keyboard?
- 9 How do I restart my Windows desktop?
- 10 Can I disable Explorer EXE?
- 11 Why is Explorer EXE running so high?
- 12 Is Explorer EXE necessary?
- 13 How do I reboot my computer without restarting it?
- 14 Why does Windows explorer keep crashing?
How do I force Explorer EXE to restart?
How to restart Windows Explorer
- Open Task Manager. If you right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, Task Manager should appear as an option. …
- In Task Manager, click on the field labeled «Windows Explorer.» …
- In the bottom right corner of Task Manager, click the button labeled «Restart.»
17 янв. 2020 г.
How do I restart Explorer EXE in Remote Desktop?
You could go into Task Manager within the remote desktop session by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC . That will instantly restart the Explorer shell without the need to restart your PC. If you can send a ctrl-alt-del to the remote computer, then you should be able to launch the task manager.
How do I stop and start Explorer EXE?
Stop Explorer.exe Through Task Manager
- Press «Ctrl-Alt-Del.»
- Click «Start Task Manager.»
- Click the «Processes» tab.
- Right-click the «explorer.exe» entry. …
- Click the Windows «Start» button.
- Press and hold the «Ctrl» and «Shift» keys. …
- Click «Exit Explorer» to stop explorer.exe from running.
- Press the «Ctrl-Alt-Del.»
How do I restart Explorer without task manager?
All you need to do is open start menu and press and hold Ctrl+Shift keys. While the keys are held, right click on any blank area (where there are no options to process) and you will see the option of “Exit Explorer”. Click on it and Windows Explorer will exit after saving all the settings.
How do I fix explorer exe not responding?
Solution 1. Restart File Explorer in Task Manager
- Right-click Windows Explorer in Task Manager and choose End task.
- Click File on the upper left corner and then choose Run new task.
- Input explorer.exe in the box and then press Enter.
- File explorer will restart very quickly this way.
26 нояб. 2020 г.
Why is explorer exe not working?
If your explorer.exe file is not loading whenever you start your computer, this may signify file corruption, a system error or the presence of a virus. … These tools are accessible by any user with administrator privileges, so you may need to check with system administrator before making any change.
What happens if Explorer EXE is killed?
Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) … Terminating Windows Explorer will not only close any open File Explorer windows, but it will also render the Start Menu, Taskbar, and System Tray unusable.
How do I restart my computer using the keyboard?
Restarting the computer without using the mouse or touchpad.
- On the keyboard, press ALT + F4 until the Shut Down Windows box is displayed.
- In the Shut Down Windows box, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys until Restart is selected.
- Press the ENTER key to restart the computer. Related Articles.
11 апр. 2018 г.
How do I restart my Windows desktop?
How to restart your Windows computer
- Click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Choose the Power icon.
- When you click the power button, you will have the option to put your computer to sleep, restart it, or power it down.
6 нояб. 2020 г.
Can I disable Explorer EXE?
If you prefer using the command line or do not want guests to use the explorer, you could disable the explorer.exe on startup. If you are only looking for a quick workaround to prevent some users from opening the explorer, you can simply kill the explorer.exe using a batch script when you log in.
Why is Explorer EXE running so high?
Sometimes explorer.exe high CPU usage can occur due to certain malware. A certain process can be running in the background without your knowledge, and that can cause high CPU usage on your PC. If you’re having this issue on your PC, we advise you to perform a full system scan and check if that solves the problem.
Is Explorer EXE necessary?
Explorer.exe runs the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer, a the graphical shell manager for the Windows operating system. This is system component that is essential for the proper functioning of Windows. It should not be removed.
How do I reboot my computer without restarting it?
Restart Windows Without Restarting Your Computer
- Go to start > turn off computer.
- When you click on the shutdown button, make sure to simultaneously press the SHIFT button.
- This will restart windows, without restarting the computer. Enjoy!
13 июл. 2020 г.
Why does Windows explorer keep crashing?
If your computer is running an old version of the operating system, that’s perhaps why the Windows Explorer keeps crashing on your machine. An older version often has bugs and issues that have been fixed in the newer ones. Updating your computer to the latest Windows version should fix the issue for you.