Re-open the modified Rich-Text file in Word, go to “Review”, “Restrict Editing” and click on “Stop Protection” (german version: “Überprüfen” – “Bearbeitung Einschränken” – “Schutz aufheben”). Uncheck all tick-boxes. Done. You’ve unprotected your Word file without ever knowing the password.
- 1 How do I unlock restrict editing in Word?
- 2 How do I remove restricted permissions in Word?
- 3 How do I turn off restrict editing in Word 2016?
- 4 Why is restrict editing greyed out in Word?
- 5 How do I turn off editing in Word 2010?
- 6 How do I turn off editing in Word?
- 7 How do I change a Word document from read only to edit?
- 8 Why can’t I edit my Word document?
- 9 How do I unprotect a protected Word document?
- 10 Why is my start enforcement greyed out?
- 11 How do I enable editing in Word?
- 12 How do I make a Word document fillable and not editable?
How do I unlock restrict editing in Word?
Unlock a protected document
- On the Review tab, in the Protect group, click Restrict Editing.
- In the Restrict Editing task pane, click Stop Protection.
- If you are prompted to provide a password, type the password.
How do I remove restricted permissions in Word?
Remove editing restrictions: To remove editing restrictions, click Stop Protection at the bottom of the Restrict Editing pane. Remove or change restricted access: To remove or change restricted access, open the file, and then click Change Permission in the yellow bar at the top of the document.
How do I turn off restrict editing in Word 2016?
To stop protection, follow the instructions below: Make sure the Restrict Editing panel is open. If you can’t see it, switch to the Review tab on the ribbon and click Restrict Editing in the Protect section of the ribbon. Click Stop Protection at the bottom of the Restrict Editing pane.
Why is restrict editing greyed out in Word?
If the boxes are grayed out in the Restrict Editing panel, your document may be marked as final or read-only or Design Mode may be enabled.
How do I turn off editing in Word 2010?
2010 Microsoft Word Remove Editor Comments
- To remove editor comments, open your document in Microsoft Word 2010 and click on the Review tab.
- In the screenshot below, the Track Changes icon is illuminated, indicating that the Track Changes feature is enabled.
- Click on the Track Changes icon to disable Track Changes.
25 авг. 2015 г.
How do I turn off editing in Word?
- Display the Review tab of the ribbon.
- Click the down-arrow just under the Track Changes tool (in the Tracking group).
- Choose Change Tracking Options. …
- In the Markup section use the Changed Lines drop-down list to choose (None).
- Click on OK to close the dialog box.
14 сент. 2019 г.
How do I change a Word document from read only to edit?
- Click Review > Restrict Editing.
- Under Editing restrictions, check Allow only this type of editing in the document, and make sure the list says No changes (Read only).
- Click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.
Why can’t I edit my Word document?
Go to Developer tab (if you don’t have Developer tab, go to File>Options>Customize Ribbon> and select Developer) In the Protection group, go to Document Protection. Navigate to the bottom of the panel, and click Stop Protection. Enter the password for the document, and click OK.
How do I unprotect a protected Word document?
Follow these simple steps to do it: Step 1: Open the Microsoft Word document that you want to unprotect and then click on «File» and select «Protect Document» under the section marked «Info». Step 2: In the drop-down menu, select «Encrypt with Password» and then remove the password from the password field. Click «OK».
Why is my start enforcement greyed out?
When the enforcing protection option appears gray and can’t be clicked, it isn’t available. Usually the reason that it doesn’t work is because another type of protection is already in place on the document. Changing the status of the document will make the option available again.
How do I enable editing in Word?
Enable editing in your document
- Go to File > Info.
- Select Protect document.
- Select Enable Editing.
How do I make a Word document fillable and not editable?
Head on to the «Protect» section on the ribbon and click the button labeled “Protect Document.” You should then click the button named “Restrict Formatting and Editing.” On the options that appear, select the one that says “Allow only this type of editing in the document” and pick “Filling in forms.” Once you’re done, …