- 1 How do I reinstall OSX after erasing hard drive?
- 2 How do I do a clean install of OSX?
- 3 How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without disc?
- 4 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 5 How do I reinstall OSX without recovery mode?
- 6 How do I reinstall OSX without Internet?
- 7 How do I reinstall Catalina from scratch?
- 8 How do I force reinstall OSX?
- 9 How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
- 10 Does a factory reset delete everything?
- 11 How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- 12 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 13 Can’t reinstall macOS because disk is locked?
- 14 How do I install OSX on a new hard drive?
How do I reinstall OSX after erasing hard drive?
Select your startup disk on the left, then click Erase. Click the Format pop-up menu (APFS should be selected), enter a name, then click Erase. After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility. In the Recovery app window, select “Reinstall macOS,” click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I do a clean install of OSX?
Step 4: Wipe your Mac
- Connect your boot drive.
- Start up — or restart — your Mac while holding down the Option key (also known as Alt). …
- Choose to install your chosen version of macOS from the external drive.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Select your Mac’s start up disc, probably called Macintosh HD or Home.
- Click on Erase.
2 февр. 2021 г.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without disc?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart. Hold down the “Command” and “R” keys when the gray screen appears during the boot process. …
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I reinstall OSX without recovery mode?
The spinning globe of hope. Start up your Mac from a shut down state or restart it, then immediately hold down Command-R. The Mac should recognize that there’s no macOS Recovery partition installed, show a spinning globe. You should then be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network, and you enter a password.
How do I reinstall OSX without Internet?
Installing a fresh copy of macOS via Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons.
- Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue. ‘
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID.
How do I reinstall Catalina from scratch?
The correct way to reinstall macOS Catalina is to use your Mac’s Recovery Mode:
- Restart your Mac and then hold down ⌘ + R to activate Recovery Mode.
- In the first window, select Reinstall macOS ➙ Continue.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the hard drive you’d like to reinstall mac OS Catalina to and click Install.
4 июл. 2019 г.
How do I force reinstall OSX?
- Install the latest version of macOS compatible with your computer: Press and hold Option-Command-R.
- Reinstall your computer’s original version of macOS (including available updates): Press and hold Shift-Option-Command-R.
How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
The best way to restore your Mac to factory settings is to erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS. After macOS installation is complete, the Mac restarts to a setup assistant that asks you to choose a country or region. To leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don’t continue setup.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
Factory Reset does NOT delete all data
When you factory reset your Android phone, even though your phone system becomes factory new, but some of the old Personal information is not deleted.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
How to start Mac in Recovery Mode
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe. …
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
2 февр. 2021 г.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
Can’t reinstall macOS because disk is locked?
- Select Disk Utility from the utilities window of macOS Recovery, then click Continue.
- Select your harddrive in the sidebar.
- Click the Erase button (MAKE SURE YOU DO HAVE BACKUP)
- Format: Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Scheme: Choose GUID Partition Map.
- Go back to the OS X installation guide.
How do I install OSX on a new hard drive?
Step 4: Installing OSX on the New Hard Drive
- Install the NEW hard drive back into Mac. …
- Connect the OLD device to the SATA/IDE connector, connect the USB to the Mac and turn on the power to the new hard drive.
- Hold down the Option key and turn on the device to choose which device to boot to.