- 1 How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall it?
- 2 How do I reinstall El Capitan without losing data?
- 3 How do I restore a MacBook to factory settings?
- 4 How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- 5 Will a factory reset remove viruses Mac?
- 6 How long does it take to factory reset an iMac?
- 7 How do I get out of Mac utilities?
- 8 How long install El Capitan?
- 9 Will installing El Capitan delete everything?
- 10 How do I install El Capitan on a new hard drive?
- 11 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
- 12 How do I wipe my iMac?
- 13 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall it?
Select your startup disk on the left, then click Erase. Click the Format pop-up menu (APFS should be selected), enter a name, then click Erase. After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility. In the Recovery app window, select “Reinstall macOS,” click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I reinstall El Capitan without losing data?
- Reinstall El Capitan Without Erasing the Drive.
- Boot to the Recovery HD: Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears.
- Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions: Upon startup select Disk Utility from the main menu.
3 янв. 2016 г.
How do I restore a MacBook to factory settings?
You need to put your MacBook ($850 at Best Buy) into recovery mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter recovery mode, restart your Mac and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys when you see the Apple logo. Next, you’ll see the MacOS Utilities window.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
How to start Mac in Recovery Mode
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe. …
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
2 февр. 2021 г.
Will a factory reset remove viruses Mac?
If your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android smartphone becomes infected by a virus, a factory reset is one way of potentially removing it. … It does remove viruses and malware, but not in 100% of cases.
How long does it take to factory reset an iMac?
I’d estimate anywhere from 1 to 5 hours would be the norm but it’s possible for it to take up to 12 hours. Make sure you erase everything securely before selling it so the buyer can’t recover your saved passwords. Several seconds if done properly: What to do before selling or giving away your Mac.
How do I get out of Mac utilities?
To quit macOS Recovery, choose Restart or Shut Down from the Apple menu (). If you want to choose a different startup disk before quitting, choose “Startup Disk” from the Apple menu.
How long install El Capitan?
Your El Capitan installation (or reinstallation) begins. The operating system takes 30 to 60 minutes to install, so now might be a good time to take a coffee break. When the install is finished, your Mac restarts itself.
Will installing El Capitan delete everything?
No. Upgrading your operating system doesn’t wipe your hard drive. If you’re still worried something might happen though, you can back up all your files to an external drive before you install El Capitan. Also, make sure your system can support an upgrade to El Capitan.
How do I install El Capitan on a new hard drive?
How to Install El Capitan on a New SSD
- Physically install SSD into the target laptop.
- Insert the El Capitan USB stick into the target laptop and power up. …
- When the menu finally turns up, choose Disk Utility and format the SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with a unique name.
- Once complete, exit from Disk Utility and return the main menu.
21 янв. 2016 г.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart. Hold down the “Command” and “R” keys when the gray screen appears during the boot process. …
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I wipe my iMac?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
Boot from the Recovery HD by restarting the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and «R» keys until the computer starts from the Recovery HD. Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.