If you want to expand every folder, and all their child folders, use Command-A (to select all). Next hold down the Option key while you use the right arrow key to expand every folder in the view (Option-[Right-Arrow key]), and every folder inside of those folders, and every folder inside of those folders.
- 1 How do I open all subfolders on a Mac?
- 2 How do I see all folders on Mac?
- 3 How do I open a new folder on a Mac?
- 4 How do I expand all folders?
- 5 How do you organize folders on a Mac?
- 6 Where is the Applications folder on a Mac?
- 7 How do you show hidden folders on Mac?
- 8 How do you create a new folder?
- 9 What happens when you expand a folder?
- 10 How do I open multiple folders at once?
- 11 What does expand to open folder mean?
How do I open all subfolders on a Mac?
If you hold down the Option key while you click the expand arrow, it will traverse down all nested folders, and open them all up. This also works in reverse if you want to collapse all nested folders.
How do I see all folders on Mac?
- Navigate to / (e.g. use ⌘ + ⇧ + G .)
- Then, in list view hold ⌥ while clicking the triangle. This will show all subdirectories of a certain folder.
26 июл. 2012 г.
How do I open a new folder on a Mac?
Create a folder
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window, then navigate to where you want to create the folder. …
- Choose File > New Folder, or press Shift-Command-N. …
- Enter a name for the folder, then press Return.
How do I expand all folders?
Expand All or Collapse All
- To open all folders at the same level as the current folder, press ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW.
- To close all folders at the same level as the current folder, press ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW.
How do you organize folders on a Mac?
Organise items into folders
You can quickly group items on the desktop into folders. Select all the items you want to group, Control-click one of the items, then choose New Folder with Selection. (Locked items can’t be grouped.) See Organise files in folders.
Where is the Applications folder on a Mac?
How to find the Applications folder on your Mac
- Click the «Finder» app — it looks like a blue and white face and is located in your Dock.
- Select «Applications» in the left sidebar.
- Open the application you want to keep in your dock — it will appear to the right of the apps already pinned to your Dock.
30 янв. 2020 г.
See hidden files on Mac via Finder
In Finder, open up your Macintosh HD folder. Press Command+Shift+Dot. Your hidden files will become visible. Repeat step 2 to hide them again!
How do you create a new folder?
The fastest way to create a new folder in Windows is with the CTRL+Shift+N shortcut.
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder. …
- Hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and N keys at the same time. …
- Enter your desired folder name. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder.
What happens when you expand a folder?
When you select a folder in the folder tree, its contents appear in the Contents pane to the right. Expand/collapse symbols (+/-) appear next to folders that contain subfolders. A plus (+) symbol means that the folder is collapsed and the subfolders are hidden in the folder tree.
How do I open multiple folders at once?
If you want to open multiple folders located in a single location (in a drive or directory), simply select all folders you want to open, hold down Shift and Ctrl keys, and then double-click on the selection.
What does expand to open folder mean?
The Navigation pane is a special area on the left of File Explorer which shows the folders and system places like This PC, Network, Libraries and so on. You can make it automatically expand to the open folder, so it will show the full directory tree. … This will enable the complete folder tree on the left.