From the new system tray customization menu, click «Turn system icons on or off» to disable some of the icons that Windows itself has added to your system tray. From here, simply use the toggle switches next to any entry you no longer wish to see in your system tray to turn these icons off.
- 1 How do I shrink my system tray?
- 2 How do I minimize the system tray in Windows 10?
- 3 How do I resize the system tray in Windows 10?
- 4 How do I lower the taskbar icons in Windows 10?
- 5 What does minimize to system tray mean?
- 6 What are the icons on the bottom right of my screen called?
- 7 How do I open my system tray?
- 8 How do I show the hidden icons on my taskbar?
- 9 How do I add icons to Windows 10 system tray?
- 10 How do I expand my system tray?
- 11 What is my taskbar?
- 12 How do I activate windows10?
- 13 How do I hide icons on my desktop?
- 14 How do I unhide icons on Windows 10?
- 15 How do I change icons on Windows 10?
How do I shrink my system tray?
To do that, right click an empty area on the Taskbar and then go to Cortana. There you can switch it to just show an icon, or click Disable to get rid of it entirely. Personally, I shrink it down to just a button, as shown below, but you can also hide it completely.
How do I minimize the system tray in Windows 10?
Show or Hide System Icons In Tray in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization — Taskbar.
- On the right, click on the link «Turn system icons on or off» under Notification area.
- On the next page, enable or disable the system icons you need to show or hide.
How do I resize the system tray in Windows 10?
Right-click the taskbar and turn off the “Lock the taskbar” option. Then place your mouse at the top edge of the taskbar and drag to resize it just like you would with a window. You can increase the size of the taskbar up to about half your screen size.
How do I lower the taskbar icons in Windows 10?
Right-click the taskbar and select Properties from the drop-down menu that appears. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click the Customize button in the lower-right corner of the window. In the new window, click the down arrow next to each item and select Hide when inactive, Always hide or Always show.
What does minimize to system tray mean?
The system tray is a section located at the one end of the taskbar in Windows 95, 98, and NT. … When you minimize the program after using it, it shrinks back into the system tray instead of into the main part of the taskbar.
The notification area (also called the «system tray») is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.
How do I open my system tray?
Low and behold, there is an easy shortcut to access your system tray from the keyboard. Here it is: Simply press Win + B on your keyboard (the Windows key and B at the same time) to select your system tray.
If you want to add a hidden icon to the notification area, tap or click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want back to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons as you want.
How do I add icons to Windows 10 system tray?
Windows 10 — System Tray
- Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
- Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. …
- Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.
How do I expand my system tray?
Follow the steps.
- Click start menu and click on setting.
- Click on System and select notifications & actions.
- Click on “Select which icons appear on the task bar” and select the desire icon you want to see on the system tray.
- Click on “Turn system icons on or off” and select which icons you want to see on system tray.
What is my taskbar?
The taskbar is an element of an operating system located at the bottom of the screen. It allows you to locate and launch programs through Start and the Start menu, or view any program that’s currently open.
How do I activate windows10?
To activate Windows 10, you need a digital license or a product key. If you’re ready to activate, select Open Activation in Settings. Click Change product key to enter a Windows 10 product key. If Windows 10 was previously activated on your device, your copy of Windows 10 should be activated automatically.
How do I hide icons on my desktop?
So how can you hide your icons from your desktop and then get them back without removing them?
- Right click on your desktop.
- Uncheck the Show Desktop Icons from the View option.
- That’s it. (then after the session, go back there and check it again)
How do I unhide icons on Windows 10?
To hide or unhide all your desktop icons, right-click on your desktop, point to “View,” and click “Show Desktop Icons.” This option works on Windows 10, 8, 7, and even XP. This option toggles desktop icons on and off. That’s it! This option is easy to find and use—if you know it’s there.
How do I change icons on Windows 10?
In Windows 10, you can access this window through Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. In Windows 8 and 10, it’s Control Panel > Personalize > Change Desktop Icons. Use the checkboxes in the “Desktop icons” section to select which icons you want on your desktop.