- 1 Why are my texts not dinging?
- 2 How do I turn on the sound for my text messages?
- 3 How do I get my iPhone to ding when I get a text message?
- 4 How do I turn on text message alerts?
- 5 Why can’t I hear my text alerts?
- 6 Why am I not getting texts on my iPhone?
- 7 How do I unmute my text messages?
- 8 Why am I not getting a notification when one person texts me?
- 9 Where are my text messages on this phone?
- 10 How do you unmute text messages on iPhone?
- 11 Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
- 12 What is the difference between a text message and a SMS message?
- 13 How do I know if text message was received?
Why are my texts not dinging?
Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
How do I turn on the sound for my text messages?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do I get my iPhone to ding when I get a text message?
Change message notifications on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.
- Choose options, including the following: Turn Allow Notifications on or off. Set the position and locations of message notifications. Choose the alert sound for message notifications. Choose when message previews should appear.
How do I turn on text message alerts?
Text Message Notification Settings — Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Why can’t I hear my text alerts?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Why am I not getting texts on my iPhone?
If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.
How do I unmute my text messages?
Select a conversation. (upper-right). Tap ‘Mute Conversation’ or ‘Unmute Conversation’. Muting a conversation disables notifications.
Why am I not getting a notification when one person texts me?
5 Answers. Your phone may not be on «Do Not Disturb,» but that conversation is — it’s a separate setting from your phone’s «Do Not Disturb» setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
Where are my text messages on this phone?
How to Get Text Message History From Phone
- Look for the menu icon on your cell phone screen. …
- Go into the menu section of your cell phone. …
- Look for the icon and word «Messaging» within your menu. …
- Look for the words «Inbox» and «Outbox» or «Sent» and «Received» in your Messaging section.
How do you unmute text messages on iPhone?
How to Unmute Message Conversations on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the messages list, swipe left across the muted conversation you wish to unmute (look for the crescent moon on the left).
- Tap the bell icon.
2 июл. 2020 г.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.
What is the difference between a text message and a SMS message?
What is the difference between a text message and an SMS message? There isn’t one. … However, while you might refer to a variety of different message types as simply a “text” in your daily life, the difference is that an SMS message contains only text (no pictures or videos) and is limited to 160 characters.
How do I know if text message was received?
Now when you send a text message you can tap and hold the message and select “View message details“. On some models, it may be under “View report“. The statuses will show “Received“, “Delivered“, or may simply show the time of delivery.