Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel. If you have HDMI Audio, there will be an icon for this. Set this as the default playback device and that should get you HDMI Audio. Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel.
- 1 Why is no sound coming from my monitor?
- 2 How do I get audio from my monitor?
- 3 Why is my sound not working on my ASUS computer?
- 4 What do I do if my monitor has no speakers?
- 5 How do you enable HDMI sound?
- 6 Why is audio not working through HDMI?
- 7 Does HDMI carry audio?
- 8 How do I play sound through my monitor and headphones?
- 9 How do I activate the sound on my computer?
- 10 Why does my computer suddenly have no sound?
- 11 Why is there no sound coming from my laptop speakers?
- 12 How do I connect speakers to my Asus laptop?
- 13 How do I use built in speakers on my monitor?
- 14 How do I connect my speakers to my monitor?
- 15 Should you buy a monitor with speakers?
Why is no sound coming from my monitor?
If the monitor’s speakers are not working, it’s usually due to incorrectly configured settings or cables. There are a few things you can do to solve this issue, like checking your connections, adjusting the volume, performing a sound test, or playing sound using a device other than your monitor.
How do I get audio from my monitor?
1-4 of 4 Answers
- If you have the monitor connected with HDMI, the headphone jack outputs whatever the HDMI is feeding into the monitor. …
- Plug in a 3.5mm audio cable into the monitor and into your audio. …
- The monitor has a simple audio-out jack. …
- Just plug your headphone into the port.
24 сент. 2017 г.
Why is my sound not working on my ASUS computer?
Sometimes you can’t hear sound from your speakers simply because the volume is mute or set too low. To make sure the volume is audible: Click the sound icon on the lower-right of your screen, then move the volume slider all the way to at least halfway up. … Test if you can hear any sound from your ASUS laptop.
What do I do if my monitor has no speakers?
5 Best Ways to get sound from monitor without speakers [inbuilt Audio]
- Using an HDMI Audio Extractor. …
- Using audio connector from your primary device. …
- Using the audio connection jack. …
- Connecting speakers wirelessly. …
- Connect the external speaker to PlayStation using AV Multi Port out?
11 июн. 2020 г.
How do you enable HDMI sound?
Method 1: Enable and Make Your HDMI the Default Playback Device
- Press Windows + R Key to open Run.
- Type mmsys.cpl and hit enter to open the sound and audio device settings window. …
- Go to the playback tab. …
- If there is an HDMI audio device that is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable” Enable HDMI Audio Device.
30 янв. 2020 г.
Why is audio not working through HDMI?
No sound or audio from the source device when connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. … If you have an Android TV™, check the HDMI® signal format in the TV menu settings. If it is set to Enhanced, change it to Standard. On the remote control, press the HOME button.
Does HDMI carry audio?
Audio Quality :
HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.
How do I play sound through my monitor and headphones?
How to Play Sound On Speakers and Headphones on PC
- Connect your headphones and speakers to your PC.
- Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and click Sounds. …
- Under the Playback tab, right-click Speakers and choose “Set as Default Device”. …
- Under the Recording tab, right-click Stereo Mix and click Properties.
22 июл. 2020 г.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How to Turn Sound on the Computer for Windows
- Click the «Speaker» icon in the lower-right notification area of the taskbar. The Sound Mixer launches.
- Click the «Speaker» button on the Sound Mixer if the sound is muted. …
- Move the slider up to increase the volume and down to decrease the sound.
Why does my computer suddenly have no sound?
First, check to make sure Windows is using the correct device for speaker output by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar. … If using external speakers, make sure they are powered on. Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up.
Why is there no sound coming from my laptop speakers?
To fix this, right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and choose Sounds to enter the audio preferences. Under the Playback tab, find the device you want to use—if you don’t see it, try right-clicking and checking Show Disabled Devices—then select the output device and click the Set Default button.
How do I connect speakers to my Asus laptop?
In this article
- 1Attach speakers to your laptop by plugging them into the appropriate connection on your CPU, laptop, or monitor.
- 2From the Desktop, press Win+I.
- 3Click Hardware and Sound; then click the Manage Audio Devices link.
- 4In the resulting Sound dialog box, double-click the Speakers item.
How do I use built in speakers on my monitor?
How to Enable Monitor Speakers
- Connect one end of the 3.5 mm cable to the audio output port on the computer. …
- Connect the other end of the 3.5 mm cable to the audio input port on the monitor. …
- Look at the Windows sound icon (a speaker) in the system tray to make sure that the system sound is not muted or too low to hear.
How do I connect my speakers to my monitor?
Configuring stereo speakers built into the monitor
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of the monitor, and connect the other end to the HDMI port on the back of the computer. …
- After connecting the speaker or headphone cable, configure the sound settings using the steps in Setting the default sound device.
Should you buy a monitor with speakers?
Built in speakers are never amazing on monitors, especially cheap ones. Just buy the best monitor you can afford, if it comes with speakers or not shouldn’t matter.