Go to Start > (My) Computer > double-click the “C:” drive . ,and then Choose “Program Files” and then select “winlogon.exe.” Press “Delete” and the file will be removed from the computer.
- 1 What happens if you delete winlogon exe?
- 2 Is winlogon exe a virus?
- 3 How do I fix a winlogon exe file?
- 4 How do I remove system exe virus?
- 5 What is the purpose of winlogon exe in Windows?
- 6 What does Csrss EXE do?
- 7 Is Csrss exe a virus?
- 8 How do I know if I have Csrss exe virus?
- 9 What is Smss EXE process?
- 10 How do I get rid of Guardian Online exe?
What happens if you delete winlogon exe?
This is a legitimate file and removing it will damage your Windows installation. Tech support scammers have pointed to winlogon.exe and other critical system processes and said “If you see this running on your PC, you have malware”.
Is winlogon exe a virus?
The process «winlogon.exe» runs in the background. Winlogon is a part of the Windows Login subsystem, and is necessary for user authorization and Windows activation checks. Note: The winlogon.exe file is located in the folder C:WindowsSystem32. In other cases, winlogon.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!
How do I fix a winlogon exe file?
How to Fix a Winlogon.exe Application Error
- Press «Start» and then «Run.» Type SFC. EXE/SCANNOW to run the System File Checker. …
- Insert the Windows installation CD if requested. …
- Enter safe mode by pressing «F8» immediately upon restarting. …
- Turn on your virus protection program, and run a complete scan on your computer. …
- Reboot your computer normally.
How do I remove system exe virus?
How to remove System.exe?
- Download and install System.exe removal tool from the link below. …
- Run the scan of your PC. …
- Apply actions to System.exe infected files. …
- Reset you browser settings.
What is the purpose of winlogon exe in Windows?
In computing, Winlogon (Windows Logon) is the component of Microsoft Windows operating systems that is responsible for handling the secure attention sequence, loading the user profile on logon, and optionally locking the computer when a screensaver is running (requiring another authentication step).
What does Csrss EXE do?
Client Server Runtime Subsystem, or csrss.exe , is a component of the Windows NT family of operating systems that provides the user mode side of the Win32 subsystem and is included in Windows NT 3.1 and later.
Is Csrss exe a virus?
Is csrss.exe a virus? No, it is not. The true csrss.exe file is a safe Microsoft Windows system process, called «Client Server Runtime Process». However, writers of malware programs, such as viruses, worms, and Trojans deliberately give their processes the same file name to escape detection.
How do I know if I have Csrss exe virus?
To do this, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the Task Manager Window. Click on the Processes tab and browse through the list. If you see only one csrss.exe process running then you are safe. The presence of more than one csrss.exe process indicates a malware infection.
What is Smss EXE process?
smss.exe is a process which is a part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System. It is called the Session Manager Subsystem and is responsible for handling sessions on your system. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
How do I get rid of Guardian Online exe?
Uninstalling this variant: If problems with Online-Guardian.exe occur, you can also do the following:
- contact www.online.io Customer Service.
- update the program.
- safely remove the program using the uninstall program of Online Application (Control Panel ⇒ Uninstall a Program)