Type “MSCONFIG” to search for and open System Configuration. In the System Configuration window, go to Boot tab. You should then see a list of Windows that ever installed on different drives in your computer. Select those that you no longer use and click Delete, until only the “Current OS; Default OS” is left.
- 1 How do I stop choose an operating system to start?
- 2 How do I turn off Windows operating system?
- 3 Why do I have to choose between two operating systems?
- 4 How do I fix choose operating system?
- 5 How do I choose my operating system on startup?
- 6 How do I remove BIOS boot options?
- 7 Which Windows services can I disable?
- 8 Which Windows 10 services can I disable?
- 9 How do I completely wipe my hard drive and operating system?
- 10 Does dual boot slow down laptop?
- 11 Is dual boot safe?
- 12 Can you have 2 hard drives with Windows?
- 13 How do I change my operating system?
- 14 How do I update my Windows 10 operating system?
How do I stop choose an operating system to start?
Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I turn off Windows operating system?
In System Configuration, go to the Boot tab, and check whether the Windows that you want to keep is set as default. To do that, select it and then press “Set as default.” Next, select the Windows that you want to uninstall, click Delete, and then Apply or OK.
Why do I have to choose between two operating systems?
Upon booting up, Windows may offer you multiple operating systems from which to choose. This may occur because you previously used multiple operating systems or because of a mistake during an operating system upgrade.
How do I fix choose operating system?
Click on the Settings button under “Startup and Recovery” section. In the Startup and Recovery window, click the Drop-down menu under “Default operating system”. Choose the desired operating system. Also, uncheck “Times to display a list of operating systems“ checkbox.
How do I choose my operating system on startup?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the «default OS», click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
16 нояб. 2016 г.
How do I remove BIOS boot options?
Deleting boot options from the UEFI Boot Order list
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > Advanced UEFI Boot Maintenance > Delete Boot Option and press Enter.
- Select one or more options from the list. Press Enter after each selection.
- Select an option and press Enter. Commit Changes and Exit.
Which Windows services can I disable?
- Tablet PC Input Service (in Windows 7) / Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service (Windows 8)
- Windows Time.
- Secondary logon (Will disable fast user switching)
- Print Spooler.
- Offline Files.
- Routing and Remote Access Service.
- Bluetooth Support Service.
28 февр. 2013 г.
Which Windows 10 services can I disable?
What Services to Disable in Windows 10 for Performance & Better Gaming
- Windows Defender & Firewall.
- Windows Mobile Hotspot Service.
- Bluetooth Support Service.
- Print Spooler.
- Remote Desktop Configuration and Remote Desktop Services.
- Windows Insider Service.
- Secondary Logon.
How do I completely wipe my hard drive and operating system?
Type list disk to bring up the connected disks. The Hard Drive is often disk 0. Type select disk 0 . Type clean to wipe out the entire drive.
Does dual boot slow down laptop?
If you don’t know anything about how to use a VM, then it is unlikely that you have one, but rather that you have a dual boot system, in which case – NO, you will not see the system slowing down. The OS you are running will not slow down. Only the hard disk capacity will be decreased.
Is dual boot safe?
Not very secure
In a dual boot set up, OS can easily affect the whole system if something goes wrong. … A virus could lead to damage all the data inside the PC, including the data of the other OS. This may be a rare sight, but it can happen. So don’t dual boot just to try out a new OS.
Can you have 2 hard drives with Windows?
You can install Windows 10 on other hard drives on the same PC. … If you install OS’s on separate drives the second one installed will edit the boot files of the first one to create a Windows Dual Boot, and becomes dependent upon it to start.
How do I change my operating system?
Boot from your installation disc.
- Common Setup keys include F2, F10, F12, and Del/Delete.
- Once you are in the Setup menu, navigate to the Boot section. Set your DVD/CD drive as the first boot device. …
- Once you’ve selected the correct drive, save your changes and exit Setup. Your computer will reboot.
How do I update my Windows 10 operating system?
In Windows 10, you decide when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and securely. To manage your options and see available updates, select Check for Windows updates. Or select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update .