Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Start Task Manager. Select the Processes tab, choose explorer.exe, and click End Process. Choose the Applications tab, click New Task, enter explorer.exe in the text box, and press Enter. Your icons should reappear.
- 1 Where do I find the system tray on my computer?
- 2 How do I restore my system tray?
- 3 How do I unhide system tray icons?
- 4 How do I enable system tray?
- 5 How do I change my system tray?
- 6 How do I see all system tray icons?
- 7 What is System Tray?
- 8 How do I restore icons on my taskbar?
- 9 How do I restore my taskbar icons Windows 10?
- 10 How do I add items to my system tray in Windows 10?
- 11 Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
- 12 How do I make my system tray smaller in Windows 10?
- 13 How do I add Bluetooth to my system tray?
- 14 What is the use of system tray?
Where do I find the system tray on my computer?
The notification area (also called the «system tray») is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.
How do I restore my system tray?
How to Restore Missing System-Tray Icons
- First, click Start, type icons, and then click Notification Area Icons.
- Find the icons for Power and Volume, then make sure both are set to Show icon and notifications.
- Near the bottom of that same window, click Turn system icons on or off.
7 сент. 2011 г.
How do I unhide system tray icons?
Press the Windows key , type «taskbar settings», then press Enter . Or, right-click the taskbar, and choose Taskbar settings. In the window that appears, scroll down to the Notification area section. From here, you can choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar or Turn system icons on or off.
How do I enable system tray?
Windows 10 — System Tray
- Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
- Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. …
- Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.
How do I change my system tray?
This takes you straight to the Settings > Personalization > Taskbar screen. Scroll down to the “Notification Area” section and click the “Select which icons appear on the taskbar” link. Use the list here to customize which icons appear on the taskbar.
How do I see all system tray icons?
To always show all tray icons in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization — Taskbar.
- On the right, click on the link «Select which icons appear on the taskbar» under Notification area.
- On the next page, enable the option «Always show all icons in the notification area».
What is System Tray?
An area on the right side of the Taskbar on the Windows interface used to display the status of various functions, such as speaker volume and modem transmission. Applications also insert icons on the System Tray to give you a quick entrance into either the application itself or some auxiliary function.
How do I restore icons on my taskbar?
To restore these icons, follow these steps:
- Right-click the desktop and click Properties.
- Click the Desktop tab.
- Click Customize desktop.
- Click the General tab, and then click the icons that you want to place on the desktop.
- Click OK.
How do I restore my taskbar icons Windows 10?
Right-click on the Start button and click on Task Manager. 2. On the Task Manger screen, right-click on Windows Explorer and click on the Restart option. After this you should be able to see the missing Icons back on the Taskbar.
How do I add items to my system tray in Windows 10?
These options have moved in Windows 10. Previously, you could click the “Customize” button at the bottom of the system tray popup. In Windows 10, you have to right-click on the Taskbar, choose Properties, and then click the Customize button. From here, click “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.
Why can’t I see the icons on my taskbar?
1. Click on Start, select Settings or press Windows logo key + I and navigate to System > Notifications & actions. 2. Click on option Select which icons appear on the taskbar and Turn system icons on or off, then customize your system notifications icons.
How do I make my system tray smaller in Windows 10?
Right-click the taskbar and turn off the “Lock the taskbar” option. Then place your mouse at the top edge of the taskbar and drag to resize it just like you would with a window. You can increase the size of the taskbar up to about half your screen size.
How do I add Bluetooth to my system tray?
Windows 10 (Creators Update and Later)
- Click ‘Start’
- Click the ‘Settings’ gear icon.
- Click ‘Devices’. …
- At the right of this window, click ‘More Bluetooth Options’. …
- Under the ‘Options’ tab, place a check in the box next to ‘Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area’
- Click ‘OK’ and restart Windows.
29 окт. 2020 г.
What is the use of system tray?
The system tray (or «systray») is a section of the taskbars in the Microsoft Windows desktop user interface that is used to display the clock and the icons of certain programs so that a user is continually reminded that they are there and can easily click one of them.