- 1 How do I fix the MSVCP140 DLL is missing windows error?
- 2 What does it mean when MSVCP140 DLL is missing?
- 3 How do I install a DLL file?
- 4 Where do I put DLL files in Windows 10?
- 5 What program uses MSVCP140 DLL?
- 6 How do I reinstall Microsoft Visual C++?
- 7 How do I reinstall MSVCP140 DLL?
- 8 Can’t start because VCRUNTIME140 DLL is missing?
- 9 Can’t start because xinput1_3 DLL is missing?
- 10 How do I enable DLL files?
- 11 Why DLL files are missing?
- 12 Is it safe to download DLL files?
How do I fix the MSVCP140 DLL is missing windows error?
If you received this error message you may need to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables on your PC. You can locate and download this file here. After this completes installing restart your PC.
What does it mean when MSVCP140 DLL is missing?
If you are getting the error message saying «The program can’t start because msvcp140. … dll is missing), then programs cannot run. In other words it means that part of Visual C++ Redistributable was not installed properly or failed to install, or this «msvcp140. dll» file has somehow gone missing or got corrupted.
How do I install a DLL file?
Add a missing . DLL file to Windows
- Locate your missing . dll file at the DLL Dump site.
- Download the file and copy it to: «C:WindowsSystem32» [ Related: Windows 10 Insider Previews: A guide to the builds ]
- Click Start then Run and type in «regsvr32 name_of_dll. dll» and hit enter.
7 сент. 2011 г.
Where do I put DLL files in Windows 10?
Installing . DLL files directly to Windows.
- Copy the .DLL file to your C:WindowsSystem32 folder. ( 32 bit)
- Copy the .DLL file to your C:WindowsSysWOW64 folder. ( 64 bit)
- DLL installation has been completed!
What program uses MSVCP140 DLL?
The MSVCP140. dll is a constituent file of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. This whole package of data is responsible for the run-time components that are required to run C++ applications built using Visual Studio 2015.
How do I reinstall Microsoft Visual C++?
- Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel (or Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP). …
- In the search field at the top right, type in «c++ redist» (without quotations).
- Uninstall everything that shows «Microsoft Visual C++» and «Redistributable» (which should be the entire search results list).
9 апр. 2020 г.
How do I reinstall MSVCP140 DLL?
To resolve the problem, download and install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from Microsoft:
- Log into Windows as an administrator.
- Run the downloaded vc_redist. x86.exe file. Accept the license agreement and then click Install.
- When the installation has finished, restart the computer.
13 нояб. 2017 г.
Can’t start because VCRUNTIME140 DLL is missing?
Locate «Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable» and right-click on it, select «Change» from the dropdown menu. When a Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Modify Setup window pops up, click on «Repair» to repair it. Check if you are still getting the «The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.
Can’t start because xinput1_3 DLL is missing?
The xinput1_3. dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the xinput1_3.
How do I enable DLL files?
- Using Explorer, locate the file indicated in the message and right-click on the file.
- Select Open With from the menu.
- Click the Other button at the bottom of the Open With window.
- Browse to the local drive (most often C:), and select either REGSVR32. EXE in WINNTSYSTEM32 or REGSVR. …
- Click Open.
- Click OK.
Why DLL files are missing?
Update drivers. Sometimes, you’ll get a missing . dll file error while using hardware such as a printer. This error can be due to an older version of the driver that is not compatible with the updated .
Is it safe to download DLL files?
Since DLL download sites are not approved sources for DLL files and often have little if any contact information available, there is no guarantee that the DLL file you just downloaded is free from a virus infection. … Take the safe route and simply avoid downloading DLL files from these DLL download sites.